SW mesh: destroyer thing

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

I'm really digging the last addition. It has an obvious family resemblance to the ISD, it makes sense that a yard that builds modular components would incorporate them into a new design.

It's a fucking hot rod of a SW capship; please, carry on. :wink:
:D
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Howedar wrote:Perhaps the first post where I said that these were completely untextured and completely unfinished.
so untextured models are per definition models that are supposed to look like they´re patched together out of several models. i dindn´t know that. interresting. :roll:

perhaps you didn´t notice but i´m talking about the basic shape, not about the lack of detail and textures. i thought that was clear after posting exactly what i meant.
I love meaningful and worthwhile comments.
what exactly in that comment are you unable to understand.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Better. But there's still a sort of lack of direction to the overall shape. It feels more like something you see in the background of a comic than a ship you display proudly with a full-detail mesh and high-res images. It could still go that direction, though. I wish I had some useful suggestions.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Howedar
Emperor's Thumb

Post by Howedar »

As far as I'm concerned, the entire top is just to show that there will be some sort of superstructure there. As for the bow, there's no word for how temporary it is. I only meshed it so I wouldn't forget the idea, and I was working on calculus homework at the time so it was rather rushed. As for it looking as if it has no direction, that's frankly part of the idea. I'm sorta going for a Corellian corvette's bigger and meaner brother, and as far as I'm concerned the corvette has no real design ethic aside from "big engines in back".
Howedar is no longer here. Need to talk to him? Talk to Pick.