amen, scott kurtz, amen

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

amen, scott kurtz, amen

Post by Jason von Evil »

http://www.pvponline.com/archive.php3?archive=20050116

Zod, I hate that commercial and that asshat dressed like the goddamn Riddler.
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Eh...I have problem with Scott Kurtz, much like Frank Cho(I'll reprint my book and seel it as a comic!...right, because the internet is a rare thing compared to a fucking comic book store) but I agree with the sentiment.

And off to AMP.
MM /CF/WG/BOTM/JL/Original Warsie/ACPATHNTDWATGODW FOREVER!!

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Saying and doing are chocolate and concrete
Jason von Evil
Sol Badguy

Post by Jason von Evil »

What kind of problems?
"It was the hooker rationing that finally drove people over the edge." - Mike on coup in Thailand.
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

Kurtz seems like he can be a bit of a dick sometimes. Although I do hate Matt Lesko with a passion.
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Aya wrote:What kind of problems?
You did read my post, right :wink: ?

Because it's detailed what I dislike of Kurtz's antics with his free web based comic.

What he does with the newspapers...fine, more power to him. Selling stuff he does for free on botht the web and Newspaper strips is just completely asinine.

Sometimes we can choose the path we follow. Sometimes our choices are made for us. And sometimes we have no choice at all

Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

How can you have a problem with someone based on that? There's clearly a market for his stuff in printed form, and he's answering that market and making money. What's wrong with that? It's not like he's coming to your house and beating you up until you buy his stuff.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

But GR... Frank Cho is funny. :P

(I'd like it if he made COLLECTIONS of his work, like other comic strips. I agree that individual comics are a bit ludicrous.)
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Ghost Rider
Spirit of Vengeance

Post by Ghost Rider »

Uraniun235 wrote:How can you have a problem with someone based on that? There's clearly a market for his stuff in printed form, and he's answering that market and making money. What's wrong with that? It's not like he's coming to your house and beating you up until you buy his stuff.
Mostly because he could at least put a month's worth of material for charging it as a monthly book and that it's just a bullshit tactic. The newspaper strip gave him much more traffic while the comic essentially flounders and while it does grab the nominal more reader, he also has a tendancy to act like a fucking martyr when sale expectations aren't met for it. Well gee...if you put more into a book then 15 days worth of strips maybe people won't think it's a rip off is my beef with him doing a monthly book.

As for Cho...I will give this, I would rather if he did a Peanuts style compliation. Those I don't mind. A monthly rehash of his same strip, is just bad...especially since he as well does the 22 page format...with less then a month's worth of strips.