My Scars

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

My Scars

Post by Aaron »

Thought it was past time that I posted pics of my various injuries.

My feet, if you look close you can see the scars and the missing toe on the left foot.

The top of my right forearm.

The bottom of my right forearm.

There are a mulitude of other scars but they require the help of another person to photograph.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Holy shit. What happened to your arm, and why is it such an odd shape?
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:Holy shit. What happened to your arm, and why is it such an odd shape?
I was electocuted in 99. The odd shape is from a flap graft where they sew your arm into your hip for 6 weeks and grow the skin onto your arm. And they big gouges are from a procedure designed to relieve the pressure on an injury and save your hand from amputation.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

That looks like it took a very, very, very long time to heal. :-(
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Zaia wrote:That looks like it took a very, very, very long time to heal. :-(
About a year in total.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

:( Egads, that looks like it was incredibly painful. I'm very sorry to see that you had to go through such an ordeal.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Shit, man, that looks horrible. A year to heal? Jesus, I'm one lucky son o a bitch.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Ouch. I had known about your injuries before, but seeing them really makes it more real, somehow. I'm glad they managed to save your hand, though. Good thing for medical science.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Master of Ossus wrote:Ouch. I had known about your injuries before, but seeing them really makes it more real, somehow. I'm glad they managed to save your hand, though. Good thing for medical science.
Indeed, after I was hurt the surgeon told me that he couldn't gaurentee that I would ever be able to use it again. But I have about 70% range of motion and I can lift up to 5kg with it!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

was that incompetent lt punished adequately?
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

salm wrote:was that incompetent lt punished adequately?
I think he got a reprimand, which is pretty light considering that a man was killed in the incident.
Mitth`raw`nuruodo
Harry Potter on Acid

Post by Mitth`raw`nuruodo »

Cpl Kendall wrote:I think he got a reprimand, which is pretty light considering that a man was killed in the incident.
:shock: What happened, exactly?
<< SEGNOR: Grand Admiral of the Gnomish Hordes >< GALE: Equal Opportunity Lover >< SDNet Keeper of the Lore >< Great Dolphin Conspiracy >>
My Audioscrobbler

Cult of Vin Diesel - When you mix Vin Diesel with a strong acid you get salt water.
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote:
Cpl Kendall wrote:I think he got a reprimand, which is pretty light considering that a man was killed in the incident.
:shock: What happened, exactly?
Lightning hit a transformer he was working on or something... had fourth-degree burns on his arms/hands, IIRC. A pretty severe boom, from what I recall reading about it on SDN-- but i'm sure the Corp can give a better recounting...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
Master of Ossus
Darkest Knight

Post by Master of Ossus »

Cpl Kendall wrote:Indeed, after I was hurt the surgeon told me that he couldn't gaurentee that I would ever be able to use it again. But I have about 70% range of motion and I can lift up to 5kg with it!
That's excellent. I can't tell you how sorry I am that this happened, but I'm very glad that it didn't turn out worse.
"Sometimes I think you WANT us to fail." "Shut up, just shut up!" -Two Guys from Kabul

Latinum Star Recipient; Hacker's Cross Award Winner

"one soler flar can vapririze the planit or malt the nickl in lass than millasacit" -Bagara1000

"Happiness is just a Flaming Moe away."
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Mitth`raw`nuruodo wrote: :shock: What happened, exactly?
The short version is that a radio mast hit a powerline which then energised the truck,trailer and building that we were against.