The Beauty of San Andreas (Pic Heavy)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RogueIce
_______

The Beauty of San Andreas (Pic Heavy)

Post by RogueIce »

These are all pictures taken from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which, in my opinion, is one of the most beautiful games to have come out on the PlayStation 2.

I extracted these images from my PS2 using the Action Replay MAX to bring them to my PC. I then utilized the PS2 Save Builder to extract my GALLERY.DAT file, and then the GTA: SA Gallery Builder to create the JPEGs you see before you.

The images I present are not spoilers in and of themselves; they're simply scenic shots. If I do take any pictures of something that may be a spoiler, I'll link to it and put in a warning.

The Women of San Andreas - (Potential Spoilers: I took pics of the girlfriends you can meet (as opposed to the two you run into during gameplay) and one of a particulary good looking female ped. This can be added to as time goes on)

A scenic shot of the misty woods on Mount Chiliad.

Picture of a countryside bridge, with the ocean as a backdrop.

An early morning view of a large hill.

Nighttime view of the Mount Chiliad trail.

The Avispa Country Club.

Late morning shot of the ocean.

The countryside of Red County and some local nature.

Nighttime view of the north side of Mount Chiliad.

One of the best, in my opinion: a sunset view of the north side of Mount Chiliad.

The San Fierro countryside enshrouded in a post-rain mist.

The "Regular Tom" geyser in Bone County at sunset.

The "Big Ear" satellite dish at twilight.

The San Fierro skyline at night.

Well, these are just my first batch. If I post any more I'll edit them into here and put an update as a reply.

If anyone else has any screenshots they'd like to share, please do so.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Post by Chardok »

:shock:

I canot wait for the PC/box version!
Col. Crackpot
That Obnoxious Guy

Post by Col. Crackpot »

i fucking love that game!

Katie Zhan looks so much like my friend Michelle, it's disturbing.

and have you flown the Harrier yet?
"This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we’ll be lucky to live through it.” -Tom Clancy
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Col. Crackpot wrote:i fucking love that game!

Katie Zhan looks so much like my friend Michelle, it's disturbing.

and have you flown the Harrier yet?
Oh yeah. I beat Vertical Bird a long time ago.

Actually, in a seperate save game I've gotten up to the mission just before End of the Line and all I need are the territories. So I hope to have some nice pics of the (SPOILER: Los Santos Riots) whenever I get around to it.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
RedImperator
Roosevelt Republican

Post by RedImperator »

The one view that really blew me away was driving over the Bay Bridge (I forget what it's called in the game, but it's obviously the Bay Bridge) at night and seeing the entire San Fierro skyline lit up. I'll hazard a guess that they deliberately coded it so all the tall buildings would be drawn as soon as you get on the bridge, rather than fading in as they do from other angles, specifically so you could get that amazing view.
Any city gets what it admires, will pay for, and, ultimately, deserves…We want and deserve tin-can architecture in a tinhorn culture. And we will probably be judged not by the monuments we build but by those we have destroyed.--Ada Louise Huxtable, "Farewell to Penn Station", New York Times editorial, 30 October 1963
X-Ray Blues
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

RedImperator wrote:The one view that really blew me away was driving over the Bay Bridge (I forget what it's called in the game, but it's obviously the Bay Bridge) at night and seeing the entire San Fierro skyline lit up. I'll hazard a guess that they deliberately coded it so all the tall buildings would be drawn as soon as you get on the bridge, rather than fading in as they do from other angles, specifically so you could get that amazing view.
The one closest to the ranch, I presume (the other is the Golden Gate, obviously enough). Yeah, that's about where I took that skyline pic from (off to the side a bit, as I wasn't on the bridge itself, obviously).

For the curious, it's the Garver Bridge.

Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

I MUST POSSESS A CONSOLE!

Seriously, that is beautiful shit.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Chardok wrote::shock:

I heard that the release date has been bumped up to June.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba
Sith Devotee

Post by Nieztchean Uber-Amoeba »

Enigma wrote:
Chardok wrote::shock:

I heard that the release date has been bumped up to June.
*Heart rate increases*

Sweet. Then I'll be able to commit prostitution, assault, assault with a deadly weapon, murder of all sorts, theft, and of course, grand theft auto... On higher graphics.
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Whoa, whoa, whoa... JUNE?! I thought it was coming out in February or March....
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
CmdrWilkens
Emperor's Hand

Post by CmdrWilkens »

Such a beautiful game though don't get TOO hopeful about the end of the line. I played it through (yeah fine I use the weapons cheat...sue me) and while its awesome in many respects everything outside of the mission just..eh good but not awesome. Anyway awesome game...I love skydiving.
SDNet World Nation: Wilkonia
Armourer of the WARWOLVES
ASVS Vet's Association (Class of 2000)
Former C.S. Strowbridge Gold Ego Award Winner
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. "
-Kingdom of Heaven
Dead_Ghost
Padawan Learner

Post by Dead_Ghost »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa... JUNE?! I thought it was coming out in February or March....
Nope. Alas, it's coming out in June :cry:
Mark S wrote:Maybe they're allowed to have all the casual sex they want. It's not sex that's forbidden, it's attachment.

"Go forth and fuck her brains out, my young Padawan. Just remember, no cuddling and pillow talk afterwards."
- Concerning the topic "Jedi training and sexuality"
Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

That's really beautiful. I need to pull this game out again, I put it away for finals week.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:Whoa, whoa, whoa... JUNE?! I thought it was coming out in February or March....
Where have you been? The official release date has been mid-July since it was announced. :P

It's great to know I'll be getting it a month earlier than I expected. :D
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

I bring you more. This time, of ye olde desert!

Well, ok, that wasn't the desert, but it was a nifty little pic I took anyway.

The desert at night. It really is a beautiful place.

The dam, again at night. I thought it was a nice pic. Took forever to align myself so those fucking boats wouldn't ruin my shot. :x

The Spanish mission, or whatever it is. Pretty lights, so here it is.

The Indian ruins on the cliffside. Who says GTA isn't cultural? :D

The desert at daylight. Look toasty, doesn't it?

The ghost town where you get the file from the FBI people. Without the Federal agents.

And another daytime shot, this time with some arches.

Just some more scenic views of the world of San Andreas. I'm always amazed by the natural beauty of this game.

I found that when just snapping pics, the Sparrow helicopter works good for me. It's small, quick, and agile. Sure, I guess the Sea Sparrow can do that, and with a minigun, but I was at Madd Dogg's Crib at the time, so...

I wanted to take some more, but it turns out I have run out of space on my memory card. D'oh! :oops:

Guess it's time to get a new one...

CoffeeJunkie911
Redshirt

Post by CoffeeJunkie911 »

Sorry to bump, but some PC screenshots have been released:

It will feature higher-resolution textures, higher-poly models, real-time reflection mapping like the XBox version of Vice City, and a vastly increased draw distance. Also, the MP3 feature has been improved. Now, you'll get DJ announcements and commercials between your MP3s!
Guybrush and Herman Toothrot on Dinky Island
Herman: If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, what color is the tree?
Guybrush (after around 80 other answers): All colors?
Herman: Exactly. Now, what has this experience taught you?
Guybrush: That philosophy isn't woth my time.
Herman: I'm very impressed. It takes most people years to reach this point.
SPOOFE
Sith Devotee

Post by SPOOFE »

and a vastly increased draw distance.
Ooh... mouth-watering... I wonder just HOW much an increase we'll get...
The Great and Malignant