KoToR Soundtrack?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

KoToR Soundtrack?

Post by Sharpshooter »

Ugh. I've got a really bad hankerin' for the area theme from the Endar Spire prologue, but I haven't been able to find information on a soundtrack of some kind. Did LucasArts ever release an OST which I can go about acquiring, or will I have to subside on shitty .mid immitations when not at the 'Box?
This has been another blunder by you friendly local idiot.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

All hail Jeremy Soule.

As for your question, not to my knowledge. I don't have it installed anymore, but would it be possible to dig it out of the game directory?
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

JediNeophyte wrote:All hail Jeremy Soule.

As for your question, not to my knowledge. I don't have it installed anymore, but would it be possible to dig it out of the game directory?
I guess, if the files are stored as .mp3 or a similar fomat and I had the PC version - we've got the X-Box copy, though, so I don't know if I could do a disc dive and scrounge it up. I'll have to check when I get back (luckily, the new notebook has DVD capabilities, so I might be abl to check the disc).
charben
Youngling

Post by charben »

The music files for the game used to be online at soundtracks.mixnmojo.com (lucasarts soundtracks), a fan run site with files from many lucasarts games. He was served with a court order forcing him to take down all Star Wars and Indiana Jones files though. A google search might turn them up.
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

charben wrote:The music files for the game used to be online at soundtracks.mixnmojo.com (lucasarts soundtracks), a fan run site with files from many lucasarts games. He was served with a court order forcing him to take down all Star Wars and Indiana Jones files though. A google search might turn them up.
Obtain them in an illegal fashion? Heavens, no, that won't do at all!I know already, but thanks for the thought.
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Is this Kotor 1 or 2? If the former, I have the entire soundtrack in .mp3 format. Given you referred to the Endar Spire prologue I suspect you're referring to Kotor 2. Though I have the game I don't know how to convert the '.wav' files to .mp3.
Brother-Captain Gaius
Emperor's Hand

Post by Brother-Captain Gaius »

Stofsk wrote:Is this Kotor 1 or 2? If the former, I have the entire soundtrack in .mp3 format. Given you referred to the Endar Spire prologue I suspect you're referring to Kotor 2. Though I have the game I don't know how to convert the '.wav' files to .mp3.
Endar Spire's in the original...

.wav <-> .mp3 converters are commonplace, just Google up a trial version of one.
Agitated asshole | (Ex)40K Nut | Metalhead
The vision never dies; life's a never-ending wheel
1337 posts as of 16:34 GMT-7 June 2nd, 2003

"'He or she' is an agenderphobic microaggression, Sharon. You are a bigot." ― Randy Marsh
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

I have all the music from KOTOR 1, taken from one of the source folders. Yes I own the game, its legal, blah, blah, blah. They tweaked the .mp3s though, so you have to change something to get them to play. I have a .batch file that does that somewhere, I think...
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

JediNeophyte wrote:Endar Spire's in the original...
For some fucked up reason, I read 'Endar Spire' to be 'Ebon Hawk'. :wtf:

It's not called the Endar Spire prologue, but mus_theme_sith. That's the music that gets played as soon as you finish loading your new character. I got mixed up because of this.

:)
YT300000 wrote:I have all the music from KOTOR 1, taken from one of the source folders. Yes I own the game, its legal, blah, blah, blah. They tweaked the .mp3s though, so you have to change something to get them to play. I have a .batch file that does that somewhere, I think...
I should hope you do, as I got the file off you to convert the .wavs to .mp3s.

Sharpshooter: There was a thread on this subject in G&C awhile back, I was the guy who started it. Search for 'KOTOR+MUSIC' with me as the poster, in G&C and you should come across the thread.
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Thanks for the info, everybody.
Stofsk wrote:Sharpshooter: There was a thread on this subject in G&C awhile back, I was the guy who started it. Search for 'KOTOR+MUSIC' with me as the poster, in G&C and you should come across the thread.
Whoops: sorry, then - should've checked... :oops:
YT300000
Sith'ari

Post by YT300000 »

Turns out its an executable, not a batch. Whatever. The one on my site is long gone, but fortunately, its also here:

http://www.flecom.net/[H]OCP/kotormusic.exe
Name changes are for people who wear women's clothes. - Zuul

Wow. It took me a good minute to remember I didn't have testicles. -xBlackFlash

Are you sure this isn't like that time Michael Jackson stopped by your house so he could use the bathroom? - Superman
Sharpshooter
Jedi Master

Post by Sharpshooter »

Thanks - now I'll just have to find the raw .wav and I'm all set.
And no, that wasn't a stealthy beg - I'll find a way that doesn't trouble you folks.