Rapture Ready - The Game [3D CGI]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

salm
Rabid Monkey

Rapture Ready - The Game [3D CGI]

Post by salm »

Ok, this was a project for uni. People have to go through this building spiked with lethal traps. There are cameras that record it and the whole thing is broadcast as a TV show.

So far it´s like Manhunt or Running Man. The new thing is that I take fundies. I tell them that if they manage to get through they´re ready for rapture.

I don´t have to pay them, they´ll be glad to pay for the service and the prize for the winner is nothing because he´ll be satisfied with knowing that he´s rapture ready. The TV show generates money, too. And finally, people can bet which fundie will get the furthest which makes me even more money.

Dedicated to L. Ron Hubbard.

Last edited by salm on 2005-06-20 12:52pm, edited 1 time in total.
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Exactly what and where are you studying salm? :shock:

Looks very nice and it got a very high surreal expression.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Antares wrote:Exactly what and where are you studying salm? :shock:

Looks very nice and it got a very high surreal expression.
Architecture in Stuttgart. :)

I rendered it in 6000 X 3200 and printed in on a A0 sized paper. It took fucking 12 hours to render. I´m rendering a closeup at about the same resolution at the moment and it´s been rendering since 8 o clock yesterday. It´s ridicolous.
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Fuck, i could attain a SIP lecture in Stuttgart last friday, but wasnt in the mood. I guess we have to meet some time .. your fantasy looks as fucked up as mine ^^

I studying Computer Science in Landshut and working for Siemens in Munich.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Antares wrote:Fuck, i could attain a SIP lecture in Stuttgart last friday, but wasnt in the mood. I guess we have to meet some time .. your fantasy looks as fucked up as mine ^^

I studying Computer Science in Landshut and working for Siemens in Munich.
Sure, just PM me when you´re in Stuggart.

What´s SIP? Schallimmissionsplan?
Antares
Padawan Learner

Post by Antares »

Session Initiation Protocol
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

It's that last line, "Dedicated to L. Ron Hubbard" that really gets to me. Brings tears to my eyes, it does. An wonderful creation, Salm.
wautd
Emperor's Hand

Post by wautd »

A true work of art
lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

I like it, both the idea and the finished product. What was this made/rendered with?
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

lPeregrine wrote:I like it, both the idea and the finished product. What was this made/rendered with?
It was made in Max. Rendered with standard scanline renderer with one skylight at 12 rays per sample and one omni light.
Julhelm
Jedi Master

Post by Julhelm »

That's just plain awesome. Just out of curiosity, what's the pc?
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

This is REALLY GOOD! Maybe you could make it darker though, to emphasize the baddness or the gruesomeness or the people getting torn to pieces and stuff.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Companion Cube
Biozeminade!

Post by Companion Cube »

My eyes may be playing tricks on me, but is that an Imperial logo from Star Wars in the top left hand corner, on the end of the projecting spike thing?
And when I'm sad, you're a clown
And if I get scared, you're always a clown
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Julhelm wrote:That's just plain awesome. Just out of curiosity, what's the pc?
PC = Player Character? All of them.
Shroom Man 777 wrote:This is REALLY GOOD! Maybe you could make it darker though, to emphasize the baddness or the gruesomeness or the people getting torn to pieces and stuff.
I wanted it to be pale as death. Note that it might look different on your monitor because it´s probably not calibrated. It looks quite yellowish on my own monitor. It´s really, really bright white on the calibrated monitor at uni.
My eyes may be playing tricks on me, but is that an Imperial logo from Star Wars in the top left hand corner, on the end of the projecting spike thing?
Ah, someone noticed. The logo is on all three of the rods. The one on the top, the one in the back where the guy´s comming out and the one in the entrance with the blades. :)