Makeup of ROTS

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Makeup of ROTS

Post by Lord Poe »

These are from the latest Makeup Artist Magazine:

Boy am I glad "Tarkin" didn't get a close-up. Who the fuck is that, Odo?

Palpatine

Crispy Ani

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Stravo
Official SD.Net Teller of Tales

Post by Stravo »

What the fuck is Tarkin doing looking so gaunt 20 years before he makes his appeareance, in many ways he seems to look worse as a younger man.

Crispy Ani seems to have that gaping head wound scar at the top of his head that some people said was missing causing speculation that it may have been caused later but its right there at the top of his head.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Ripped Shirt Monkey - BOTMWriter's Guild Cybertron's Finest Justice League
This updated sig brought to you by JME2
Quadlok
Rabid Monkey

Post by Quadlok »

Lord Poe wrote:Boy am I glad "Tarkin" didn't get a close-up. Who the fuck is that, Odo?
No.
Scorpius.
Watch out, here comes a Spiderpig!

HAB, BOTM
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Stravo wrote:What the fuck is Tarkin doing looking so gaunt 20 years before he makes his appeareance, in many ways he seems to look worse as a younger man.
Completely agree. The actor himself would have been fine.

And look at Cushing as a young man:

Crispy Ani seems to have that gaping head wound scar at the top of his head that some people said was missing causing speculation that it may have been caused later but its right there at the top of his head.
Yes, I too thought it was missing. But the makeup artist was on the ball.

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Palpatine with the real face of Sideous looks fantastic in normal lighting.

And I'm still super happy that he has hair. The conception that the Emperor was bald always bugged me.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

:shock:
Man, they did an awesome job with chrispy Anakin.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Cal Wright
American Warlord

Post by Cal Wright »

I could never figure out why everyone claimed he didn't have the scars. Palpatine looked wonderful. There were some scenes though that his neck looked to fat but other then that it was spot on.

Were you born with out a sense of humor or did you lose it in a tragic whoppy cushion accident? -Stormbringer

"We are well and truly forked." -Mace Windu Shatterpoint

"Either way KJA is now Dune's problem. Why can't he stop tormenting me and start writting fucking Star Trek books." -Lord Pounder

The Dark Guard Fleet

Post 1500 acheived on Thu Jan 23, 2003 at 2:48 am
Guy N. Cognito
Padawan Learner

Post by Guy N. Cognito »

My God, how long would it have taken to have all that burn makeup applied? He must have been sitting there for hours on end. Ugh... And I agree, I didn't like the young Tarkin. Too obviously about the makeup
"Though there are only 5 colours, in combination, they can create more hues then can ever be seen" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Wait a sec, it's MAKEUP.
Damnit I paid to see Hayden Christiansen literally roasted alive.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

If anyone is near Pasadena California on the 25 and 26th, the International Makeup Artist Trade Show will feature the makeup of ROTS.

http://www.makeupmag.com

Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Stravo wrote:What the fuck is Tarkin doing looking so gaunt 20 years before he makes his appeareance, in many ways he seems to look worse as a younger man.
Seeing he only made his appearance during the scene that showed the construction of the DS1, the fact that the DS1 was only just completed in ANH and the DS2 was built 60% complete in 6 months, I surmise that that scene was supposed to have happened 20 years after the other events in the film, and Tarkin was in fact supposed to be old there. As for the makeup looking like shit in a closeup, meh. It wasn't designed for that purpose.
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Jesus, Tarkin looked so bad on screen I thought they had done that whole scene in CGI.
HemlockGrey
Fucking Awesome

Post by HemlockGrey »

I surmise that that scene was supposed to have happened 20 years after the other events in the film, and Tarkin was in fact supposed to be old there.
Except that wasn't the DS1 and we saw Venators, not ISDs.
The End of Suburbia
"If more cars are inevitable, must there not be roads for them to run on?"
-Robert Moses

"The Wire" is the best show in the history of television. Watch it today.
General Brock
Jedi Council Member

Post by General Brock »

Lord Poe wrote:
Completely agree. The actor himself would have been fine.
I wondered at that too. They brought back Chewbacca; I wonder why they couldn't bring back Cushing. It would have been much easier to CGI a younger version of the real actor, and he seems to have kept himself in shape.
Utsanomiko
The Legend Rado Tharadus

Post by Utsanomiko »

It'd be hard to get Peter Cushing to act, considering he died over a decade ago, whereas Chewbacca's actor Peter Mayhew is alive and well.
By His Word...
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

Utsanomiko wrote:It'd be hard to get Peter Cushing to act, considering he died over a decade ago, whereas Chewbacca's actor Peter Mayhew is alive and well.
Lucas could have made "test footage" of Cushing being redubbed by, say, Clay Atkin for the "Special Special Edition", and when Cushing's corpse spun out of it's grave and tried to exact it's revenge, George just dresses him up and points him in the direction of the set.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.