Sit down and watch some pictures from my vacation, or else.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

His Divine Shadow
Commence Primary Ignition

Sit down and watch some pictures from my vacation, or else.

Post by His Divine Shadow »

Came back last night at around 23:50 from Åland.
What is Åland? Åland is an Archiepelago, which means a bunch of islands.

It's located on the western coast of Finland it is an autonomous region but under Finnish sovereigenity, sorta like a Grand Duchy I guess. I went there last saturday visiting my girlfriend who works there at this "guesthome", a very old place dating back to the 1700's, used to be a courthouse. I was there as a guestage, but free(yay) since I lived with my GF, not everybody gets free quartering, food cost me though I sometimes got better deals, kinda like nepotism but in a good way.

Now Åland is an utterly, utterly beatifull place and everybody speaks swedish, except the tourists, which is a nice change. They however need to learn from the finns when it comes to road signs, in finland you are never lost, signs are everywhere, in Åland(Mariehamn) I was lost within 10 minutes of getting of the ship and found myself at some god forsaken harbor with a single rowing boat.

Fortunately I managed to find a gas station and a map to purchase and directions. From there on it was easy sailing, or driving once I was out of Mariehamn, from there I went to Föglö which required a ferry ride at the end, ferries cost 10 euros for both way ticket with car, they are free for pedestrians.

Föglö(Foglo in english?) is a small community of only 700 people, heck the largest city Mariehamn only has 10,000 people in it, and from there it wasn't hard to find the guesthome, there was a sign that I should turn and a few hundred meters later I was there.

The first few days I was quite bored since Jasmin worked 10-11 hours each day so I managed to read out Anne Franks diary and I almost completed a Tom Clancy book(my first, heard about those from Alyeska a few times on the forums, so when I saw it at the library it clicked).

Anyway here are the photos, it's not alot, I just put them here because I got a coupon for 15 free printed photos from Kodak, now I might as well share them here, 3 of the photos are actually from my sisters wedding and one is a photo of jasmin I want as a real photo.

The crazy looking dude with the guitar was someone we saw at the RockOff rock festival in mariehamn, he looked hilarious so I put him there too.

This link should take you straight to the gallery.

I will be uploading more photos later on.
Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who did not.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Yay, HDS is back! The pictures look nice. Jasmin is hot.

What Clancy novel did you read? What did you think of it?
His Divine Shadow

It was a translated novel, unfortunately, the tigers teeth I think it is called in english. It was good and I would really like to finish the last few dozen pages I had left.
His Divine Shadow

Also I bought a bottle of 10 year old whiskey, Laphroaig. I've entered the barcode on the bottle on their homepage and now I own a square foot of land in the Isle of Islay, Scotland.