Our new kitty

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Yes she is very tolerant of the kids though I just saw her hiss for the very first time in her life the other day when we brought the kitten home. They are both females and the older one is fixed, the younger one will be fixed and declawed very soon.
They both don't know what it's like to have babies so we should be good.
In my experience females are more tolerant than males. Last time we did this we had an older male and bought a female kitten, they got along ok or so we thought until we found out they were fighting most of the time and pissing all over our basement. They got along when we were around would cuddle with eachother clean eachother etc.. but the older male cat started freaking out and pissing all over everything. This was the cat that Cpl Kendall had before I moved in, he felt threatened by me and was always attacking me when hubby was at work. That cat hated me, cause I was the new one and more special to the hubby, or so it thought.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I should hope you actually WERE more special than the cat.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Well I'd say so considering the fact that Cpl Kendal kept me and got rid of the cat. Although we do get sad when we see another cat that looks like Silly, we know it had to be done. He costed us alot of money cause we had to pay for the replacement of the basement carpet when we left that house. Apparently he was an excellent cat before I came into the picture. Too bad, he was a cute kitty and had an awesome name too. Silly, short for Sylvester ;) :lol:
Comosicus
Keeper of the Lore

Post by Comosicus »

Mrs Kendall, if you consider this a thread hijack, I apologise. But a friend droped by tonight with a camera and I've taken new pictures of our cat. As there is no other recent pet picture thread, I thought I might place them here too.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Not all Dacians died at Sarmizegetusa
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

omg

you and your wife have taken in one of the royal breed of siam, the only domestic cats bred to stalk/kill humans....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Xon
Sith Acolyte

Post by Xon »

MRDOD wrote:Ouch, you're introducing an established cat to a kitten? Watch carefully, that never goes well in my experience, unless you have an unusually lazy and/or trusting cat.
My cat is ok with random new cats showing up then :P

Ridicously trusting and lazy, as well as being a very gentle cat. (click for a larger image)

Cute avi clip taken by my brother featuring my cat (7.8mb)
"Okay, I'll have the truth with a side order of clarity." ~ Dr. Daniel Jackson.
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." ~ Stephen Colbert
"One Drive, One Partition, the One True Path" ~ ars technica forums - warrens - on hhd partitioning schemes.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Our new kitty loves to play, the other night she jumped at the tv screen while we were watching a movie and today she just noticed the mouse on the screen and started following it around, then she started batting her paw at it. Best picture we could get but it's still cute :)

Excuse the messy desk :oops:
felineki
Infantile Brat

Post by felineki »

Ah, never too early to introduce a kitty to the greatness that is Strong Bad.
I'm a trolling moron and my E-mail is mbiddinger@mchsi.com
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Hear is some pictures of my cat. I did not take them though.
For some reason she likes to sleep on my Warhammer boards.

And hear is some kittens i saw on holiday (i did take this one).

Vendetta
Emperor's Hand

Post by Vendetta »

So, how many points does the Cat take out of your army?
Glimmervoid
Jedi Master
Location: Some were in the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm.

Post by Glimmervoid »

Vendetta wrote:So, how many points does the Cat take out of your army?
Well she once rolled about on a unit of 8 first circle knights, so a minimum of about 200 points.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Glimmervoid wrote:Hear is some pictures of my cat. I did not take them though.
For some reason she likes to sleep on my Warhammer boards.

She probably sleeps there cause it feels similiar to grass and cats love grass ;)

Just look at her in this one, she's like yep I'm in charge here, I've got these figurines wrapped around my little paw :evil laugh:

and this one is where she is telling them to shape up ;) Giving them their duties for the day ;) :lol:

And you wonder why she loves to sleep there :teeth: Ha!

felineki wrote:Ah, never too early to introduce a kitty to the greatness that is Strong Bad.
Yes, it's never too early :lol:
I needed a laugh today and man did I ever get many more than I needed between strong bad's e-mails and the kitty attacking the mouse on the screen. Thanks for noticing what was on the screen and not what was strewn all over the desk :P :lol:
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

Cat's love Games Workshop.

now aside from nuzzeling during painting, and the inevitable gravity tests, they are fairly hobby compatable. Just remember that cat equals impenitrable terrain.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Shameless picture of my cat looking disdainfully at me.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."