Atheist songs

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Joe
Space Cowboy

Post by Joe »

The Craig Machine by Stephen Lynch, not explicitly atheist but sacreligious and funny.

BoTM / JL / MM / HAB / VRWC / Horseman

I'm studying for the CPA exam. Have a nice summer, and if you're down just sit back and realize that Joe is off somewhere, doing much worse than you are.
Bug-Eyed Earl
Jedi Master

Post by Bug-Eyed Earl »

Fight song by Marylin Manson.

You can't get any more clear cut than having him scream "I'M NOT A SLAVE TO A GOD THAT DOESN'T EXIST."
BotM Cybertronian
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

The god that failed by Metallica

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Sorry for slight necromancy but Sympathy for the Devil can not count as an athiest song. An athiest song would deny god, not support his opposition.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

True, they can be up to say, 50% athi, but not the athiest.

Note, though, that Deicide don't actually believe God exists, yet their name is dedicated to killing him, they say he's a bastard, that Satan is cool and other such silly stuff, but they're still atheists, which appears in some songs, but normally, it's more just antichristian.

"Enter the Voids" by Therion is an atheistic song that, frankly, everyone should have,
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Zadius
Jedi Knight

Post by Zadius »

Of course, there is a band actually called Atheist, and most of their songs are atheistic.

Lost Wisdom by Burzum, this is an excellent black metal song. Actually, almost the whole black metal genre is antichristian or antireligion. Slayer has alot of atheistic songs too.

Interestingly, I once thought Science by System of a Down was making fun of religion. Looking at this snippet of the lyrics it looks like they are making fun of how ridiculous fundamentalism is:
SOAD wrote:Science fails to recognise the single most potent element of human existence
Letting the reigns go to the unfolding is faith, faith, faith, faith
Science has failed our world
Science has failed our mother earth
Spirit moves through all things (x6)
But now I think these guys may just be crazy enough to actually be serious about it. :roll:
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

95% of the music on that website is atheist, and most of it is really good, too. I especially recommend "The Internationale played on Church Bells", with the commentary: "This is the appropriate use of Church Bells."
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

darthdavid wrote:Cathedral by Crosby Stills and Nash.
I love that song. But it's more about the hypocrisy of the church and considering possible reincarnation than not believing there is a god, I think...
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Hell Yeah by the Blood Hound Gang. Maybe not 100% atheistic, but it would certainly make religion more appealing.