Enterprise models

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Chardok
GET THE FUCK OFF MY OBSTACLE!

Enterprise models

Post by Chardok »

I had a great decorating idea! Of course, Amy says No fucking way, but I'm going to hang them in my bathroom. I want to get models of all ships, fictional and real named enterprise (Including the OV-1, the aircraft carrier, and all the starships) and hang them up in order of commission date! Neat, eh? Problem is, I want to keep the sizes pretty close to comparitive (ie. the E-D should be quite a bit larger than, say E-nil) what brand/company should I purchase for that effect?

Also, I'd like to find ligted models for effect, but....that is a tertiary consideration. (after size and quality)
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

The only way to get in scale between the RL ships and the sci-fi ships is Tamiya's Enterprise kit and Polar Light's Enterprise refit kit, both in 1/350th scale. They're huge...

Your best, and most economical, bet would be the ERTL/AMT kits of all of the movie and TV Enterprises excepting NX-01. They're in 1/2500th scale.
Movie 3-piece Enterprise set.
TV 3-piece Enterprise set.

You could then get some 1/2400th scale GHQ gaming miniatures, but they only produce the WWII CV 6 Enterprise. And they're very out of scale. :(
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

I wish Bandai would make the entire Enterprise line in 1/850 scale. That would be so awesome.
Frank Hipper
Overfiend of the Superego

Post by Frank Hipper »

Uraniun235 wrote:I wish Bandai would make the entire Enterprise line in 1/850 scale. That would be so awesome.
Me? I wish someone way-back-when would have started making sci-fi models in 1/700th scale, establishing it as a standard; there's an enormous variety of RL stuff available in it.

The Micro-Machines Millenium Falcon, awful and warped as it is, is nearly a perfect 1/700, though. :P
Life is all the eternity you get, use it wisely.
Uraniun235
Emperor's Hand

Post by Uraniun235 »

Frank Hipper wrote:
Uraniun235 wrote:I wish Bandai would make the entire Enterprise line in 1/850 scale. That would be so awesome.
Me? I wish someone way-back-when would have started making sci-fi models in 1/700th scale, establishing it as a standard; there's an enormous variety of RL stuff available in it.

The Micro-Machines Millenium Falcon, awful and warped as it is, is nearly a perfect 1/700, though. :P
That would be even better. :) The only reason I said 1/850 is because I already have their 1/850 Enterprise-refit.

The important thing is that there should be a full line of quality Enterprise models, all to the same scale, and preferably bigger than 1/2500. Now granted, at 1/850 (or 'worse', 1/700!), the -D and the -E are going to be really big, but I'd be willing to pay for that.