Jesus and Mohammed

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Jesus and Mohammed

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Jesus and Mo

If you don't think this is funny then you can just go to hell.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Worth a few chuckles.
JADAFETWA
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Kuja wrote:Worth a few chuckles.
Your location speaks for itself.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Very nice. :)
The first one is quite spot on; I've seen Fundies argue in exactly that way.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Kuja wrote:Worth a few chuckles.
Your location speaks for itself.
Indeed it does.
JADAFETWA
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

nice and heretical...

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Metatwaddle
Jedi Council Member

Post by Metatwaddle »

I liked the first and second ones best.

"These days we've got much better stuff."
Should any political party attempt to abolish social security, unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a tiny splinter group, of course, that believes you can do these things... their number is negligible and they are stupid. --Dwight D. Eisenhower
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

I found it extremely ironic that Mohammed says that "crucifiction is no longer legal," when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia practices crucifiction for murderers as part of Sharia law.

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
Namarie
Padawan Learner

Post by Namarie »

I thought the fact that Mo was reading "Goat buyer" for some reason to be really funny. ^_^
Yay.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Indeed. It mocks both, because Mohammed punks Jesus, and it mocks Islam just by representing Mohammed.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
kheegster
Jedi Council Member

Post by kheegster »

fgalkin wrote:I found it extremely ironic that Mohammed says that "crucifiction is no longer legal," when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia practices crucifiction for murderers as part of Sharia law.
That's news to me. I was under the impression that the death penalty for murder is carried out by public beheading.
Articles, opinions and rants from an astrophysicist: Cosmic Journeys
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

kheegan wrote:
fgalkin wrote:I found it extremely ironic that Mohammed says that "crucifiction is no longer legal," when the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia practices crucifiction for murderers as part of Sharia law.
That's news to me. I was under the impression that the death penalty for murder is carried out by public beheading.
Same here. I don't believe the Muslims approve of crucifixion, given that one of their own prophets, Isa al-Masih (aka, Jesus) supposedly died in that manner. Of course, they do claim that Judas Iscariot replaced him on the Cross, so I suppose I can see how they could rationalize using it as a punishment...
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Elheru Aran wrote:
kheegan wrote:
Same here. I don't believe the Muslims approve of crucifixion, given that one of their own prophets, Isa al-Masih (aka, Jesus) supposedly died in that manner. Of course, they do claim that Judas Iscariot replaced him on the Cross, so I suppose I can see how they could rationalize using it as a punishment...
Punishments for boundary crimes include execution by beheading or stoning, crucifixion, amputation (of a hand, or a hand and a foot, depending on the crime), banishment, or flogging, and persons convicted of boundary crimes cannot be pardoned.
So says the Human Rights Watch
SANDY Mitchell, the Scot placed under sentence of death in Saudi Arabia, has revealed he was due to be executed by crucifixion, writes Christopher Claire.

Mitchell said he was told by his Saudi lawyer that the sentence called for the victim’s head to be "partially" severed and the body fixed to an X-shaped cross in public view for three days.

Public beheadings are routine in Saudi Arabia, but crucifixion is reserved as an exemplary punishment under sharia (Islamic) law for crimes of the utmost severity. Two highway robbers have been executed in this way in the past 20 years.
linky

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin