Trailer made with The Movies

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Trailer made with The Movies

Post by StarshipTitanic »

It's based on some bizarre stories I wrote in high school about my classmates. I intend to make a few shorts on the premise, but I cooked up a very short trailer for a little practice. The music towards the end is the main theme from Earth 2, a one-season mid-'90s sci-fi show.

The backstory is that there's a struggle between the people who take Honors (which I deliberately spelled in a cliched, sci-fi way) and Advanced Placement courses. The ASS stands for Advanced Star Ship.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

"Hal grabs life by the balls and doesn't let you do that [to] hal."

"I hereby declare myself master of the known world."
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Cool! The SD.net Movies makers shall take over Youtube!

Muhuhuhuhuhuha!

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

OH, man that's great! The best part of that was when the captions read:

"Who will stand against Emperor Benjamin I, Ruler of the Onorr Empire?"
"...Them!"
And then they're slapping each other like idiots. LOL :lol:
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

Hehe, thanks. I had a lot of fun looking through the various weird things I could have the characters do and I stuck that right after the ominous part by accident.
"Man's unfailing capacity to believe what he prefers to be true rather than what the evidence shows to be likely and possible has always astounded me...God has not been proven not to exist, therefore he must exist." -- Academician Prokhor Zakharov

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Is there any time limit to how long your movies could be? In other words, has anyone ever attempted to make a full-length movie with the game?
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
StarshipTitanic
Sith Marauder

In the game mode, it can take several years I think to make even a 5 minute movie. In sandbox mode, though, there's a setting where all gameplay-related actions are done instantly. However, making a full-length movie would be a bitch given the relatively primitive editing tools ingame. Anything longer than a short clip I'd recommend using other software after getting the basic stuff done in The Movies.