Question about Freddie Mercury in this video.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Question about Freddie Mercury in this video.

Post by Soontir C'boath »

I was browsing through YouTube looking through Queen videos when I caught this one named "I Want it All" and Freddie looks like he gained weight.

The problem is I'm not sure if it's because of the rough beard he has creating an illussion or he really did grow a bit. If he did, was it related to his condition?
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Re: Question about Freddie Mercury in this video.

Post by Aaron »

Soontir C'boath wrote:I was browsing through YouTube looking through Queen videos when I caught this one named "I Want it All" and Freddie looks like he gained weight.

The problem is I'm not sure if it's because of the rough beard he has creating an illussion or he really did grow a bit. If he did, was it related to his condition?
Looks like an illusion of the beard. Going by the rest of the video he looks the same as he always did.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Deathstalker
Jedi Council Member

Post by Deathstalker »

"I want it all" was on the Miracle album which was recorded in 1989. Freddie was diagnosed in 1987, and assuming the video was shot in '89, AIDS hadn't hit him hard yet. There was no denying his health if you watch
"I'm going slightly mad" or "These are the days of our lives" videos from the Innuendo album.

The Deathstalker = Queenaphile
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Yea, it was kind of stupid of me anyway as AIDS make you skinnier not fat. Thanks for the clarification, guys.

Edit: My 3800th post is here which... proclaims my idiocy. Hmmm, that can't be right.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."