Photography development question.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Photography development question.

Post by Soontir C'boath »

Ok, I have two disposable cameras that I have never took the time to get developed. They're years old now and they have an expiration date on when they can be developed. One of them goes as far back as "Developed by January 2005" while the other one was just last April.

Are the photos in there fucked or can I still get the photos out of them?
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
aerius
Charismatic Cult Leader

Post by aerius »

You can still get photos out of them, but the colour & picture quality may be degraded. Film doesn't drop dead after the expiration date, it just slowly gets worse until one day year & years past the expiry date end up being complete crap.
aerius: I'll vote for you if you sleep with me. :)
Lusankya: Deal!
Say, do you want it to be a threesome with your wife? Or a foursome with your wife and sister-in-law? I'm up for either. :P
Soontir C'boath
SG-14: Fuck the Medic!
Location: Queens, NYC I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF MANHATTEN IS CONSIDERED NYC!! I'M IN IT ASSHOLE!!!

Post by Soontir C'boath »

All right. I'm going to bring them in tomorrow and hope for the best. I don't even remember what I took in them.
I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in his stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Counciler or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate, who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who constantly says: "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I cannot agree with your methods of direct action"; who paternalistically believes he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by a mythical concept of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait for a "more convenient season."
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

Since they only "expired" this year, I would say that the end results shouldn't really be that bad, though I don't have any experience working with old, undeveloped films.

But yeah, by all means, take them in, so you can at least find out what the hell's on them.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"