Tasoth's next WIP

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Tasoth's next WIP

Post by Tasoth »

After a couple hours of work.

A couple more hours of work.

Just spent about 3 hours work on the pilot's console and right flight stick, majority being spent on the pain in the ass flight stick. More to come.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Hi,

Nice work. Why was the stick a pain in the ass? Looks like quite simple geometry.

<edit>can you post a shaded wire?</quote>
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

I belive he's doing this using Google Sketchup, can it do wireframe?
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Ace Pace wrote:I belive he's doing this using Google Sketchup, can it do wireframe?
He posted a shaded wire when he posted his last model, which was a gun, IIRC.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Requested shaded wireframe. Still needs a lot of work, mainly in the cockpit and from the nose back. Engines and weapons I've kinda figured out for placement. What sucks is Sketchup does not support parenting, which would make this much easier on me.

See how the front of the stick is round along the cutouts? Yeah, Sketchup doesn't like extruding along certain sized curves and results in massive tears and open patches. I had to go in and figure it all out by hand. Bleh.

EDIT: The demand for a shaded wireframe started me working on the model again.

Completed pilot station. Note the little pedals at the bottom. Had fun do that bit.

Close up of the pilot console. Big ol' sensor screen in the middle, various meters to the left and a panel of toggles, covered, to the right.

I did have a close up of the throttle, but it got eaten somwhere along the line.
I've committed the greatest sin, worse than anything done here today. I sold half my soul to the devil. -Ivan Isaac, the Half Souled Knight

Mecha Maniac
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Pretty damn swish.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

See how the front of the stick is round along the cutouts? Yeah, Sketchup doesn't like extruding along certain sized curves and results in massive tears and open patches. I had to go in and figure it all out by hand. Bleh.
Ah, yeah, that´s what modelling is about. Reparing stuff by hand. Or at least that´s the feeling i get sometimes. :)

Anyway, keep up the good work.
Kenny_10_Bellys
Jedi Knight

Post by Kenny_10_Bellys »

For Sketch-up I'd say that was damn fine work. I didn't think Sketchup had it in it, but you've proved me wrong. Well done, cant wait to see the finished item.
visit http://www.kennyscrap.com for all your crap model needs.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

RAR! Back!

Finished cockpit from outside the canopy.

Gunner's station with random buttons, emergency throttle, joystick and comm setup. Hud is the big uprights with additional screens below.

Close up of the flight stick. Firing stud, two additional buttons and a toggle plus comms console.

For instances when pilot is rendered incapacitated, grip safety and push throttle. Disengages the flightstick from the guns and into the drives. Figured something like that is best placed where the gunner can't bump it.

With those parts done, going back to the outside to finish and spruce the bastard up.

Mecha Maniac
DesertFly
has been designed to act as a flotation device

Post by DesertFly »

Good grief! That's far more than I was ever able to coax out of sketchup. I salute you.
Proud member of the no sigs club.
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Because Elheru asked for a weapon system. Still have to do the other side. I'm done for tonight, this has been cutting into my game time.

Mecha Maniac
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

DONE!

Mecha Maniac
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Wow!
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Cool, but doesn´t it need rotor blades?
Tasoth
Sith Devotee

Post by Tasoth »

Nope. EMV/Antigrav gunship. Future tech for the win!

Mecha Maniac