Who sung this I Need A Hero cover?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Who sung this I Need A Hero cover?

Post by Executor32 »

Does anyone know who sung the cover of I Need a Hero featured in the old Paramount montage (including Apocalypse Now, Congo, Days of Thunder, Top Gun, The Firm, and Serpico, of the top of my head) featured during the previews at the beginning of their VHS movies? I know Deep Impact has it during its previews.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
theski
Sith Marauder

Re: Who sung this I Need A Hero cover?

Post by theski »

Executor32 wrote:Does anyone know who sung the cover of I Need a Hero featured in the old Paramount montage (including Apocalypse Now, Congo, Days of Thunder, Top Gun, The Firm, and Serpico, of the top of my head) featured during the previews at the beginning of their VHS movies? I know Deep Impact has it during its previews.
Is it the Bonnie Tyler version?
Sudden power is apt to be insolent, sudden liberty saucy; that behaves best which has grown gradually.
Executor32
Jedi Council Member
Location: In a Georgia courtroom, watching a spectacle unfold

Post by Executor32 »

No, the singer sounds a lot younger.
どうして?お前が夜に自身お触れるから。
Long ago in a distant land, I, Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil,
but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow
was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future, where my evil is law! Now, the fool
seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku...
-Aku, Master of Masters, Deliverer of Darkness, Shogun of Sorrow
Darth Fanboy
DUH! WINNING!

Post by Darth Fanboy »

I have the version by Frou Frou that played at the end of Shrek 2.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little."
-George Carlin (1937-2008)

"Have some of you Americans actually seen Football? Of course there are 0-0 draws but that doesn't make them any less exciting."
-Dr Roberts, with quite possibly the dumbest thing ever said in 10 years of SDNet.