Lord Poe's "Talas" - In progress art

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Acidburns
Padawan Learner

Lord Poe's "Talas" - In progress art

Post by Acidburns »

I've been working with Lord Poe on a few of his film projects. I've been working on ship designs and effects for his "Talas" film short. I'm posting these incomplete works partly for critique, and because I think you'll enjoy seeing this in-progress work. The internet ate my post unexpectedly, so here's the short version.

This is Talas's ship. I went for a rather unusual, asymetrical design. It's quite heavily armed with top and bottom turrets, and a small missle rack. You can see the extended landing gear. There's a lift that allows crew to disembark.

A one man interceptor craft. Little more than a main gun and missle bay strapped to an engine. The black box barely visible on the left "wing" is the incomplete cockpit. I wanted even a small one man ship to be quite large.

A larger corvette class craft. While it sports a heavy armnament, it has plent of internal space. Has a pair of gatling point defense weapons, 2 main cannons and a missle bay.

Here is all three ships together, roughly to scale:

A capital ship. Designed to engage with broadsides at long range. A massive armour plate protects the ship on one side. Designed as a sort of siege ship. It carries fighercraft to support point defense turrets for close range.

An image from a test animation. The beam is from one of the capital ships main guns.

A couple of test images that I quite like. I was using these scenes to try out laser and engine effects.

An early test video, with sound. I was trying different methods to control lights and the lasers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkPtP-ZzQ_c
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Nice, though the 'seige ship' feels like it needs more detail work.

For some reason, I'm getting an FS2 vibe from the action shots.
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Those look great! :P

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Damn son! Some fine work as per usual!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

...woah!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!