The Atheist Video

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

The Nomad wrote:Here's the response : Re:Atheism

Let's see, No True Scotsman fallacy, semantic nitpicking, etc... Hehe here we have an example of who the real 'fools' are.
I smell a badly-done attempt at astroturfing a la the infamous Gore Penguin video.

I also shot apart his 'Marlon Brando' argument with this bit of joy:
Me; view my favorites while you're here! wrote:Marlon Brando drank alcohol and got arrested.

Sounds like a certain longhaired hippie I knew two thousand years ago. He sure liked his wine and sweetcane. Unfortunately those damn Romans didn't have a concept of 'freedom of speech' we have today, and he was busted for sedition or somesuch trumped-up charge. Yeshua was his name, I believe...

Really long google link
Image Image
mr friendly guy
The Doctor
Location: In a 1960s police telephone box somewhere in Australia

Post by mr friendly guy »

Alerik the Fortunate wrote: What is really needed is a Mother Theresa or Gandhi of atheism, or an agnostic of impeccable moral credentials. Are there any clear examples of nobility, heroism, or all-consuming passion for principled behavior that come to mind other than Buffet's massive philanthropy?
I wouldn't consider Mother Theresa a fine example of moral credentials. After all she wasted money building hospitals which did jack shit (except for her of course) because it was more important to save people's "souls" than their lives.

As for Gandhi, I find the benefits of pacifist resistance somewhat dubious and likely only effective against certain foes.
Never apologise for being a geek, because they won't apologise to you for being an arsehole. John Barrowman - 22 June 2014 Perth Supernova.

Countries I have been to - 14.
Australia, Canada, China, Colombia, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, Germany, Malaysia, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Sweden, USA.
Always on the lookout for more nice places to visit.
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

My favourite bit is the quote from the bible at the end.
Pro 18.2 wrote:A fool does not care whether he understands a thing or not; all he wants to do is show how smart he is."
The rest of it was even more boring than the Atheist one, but that bit just cracked me up.

ROFLMAO!!!!! says GOJIRA!!!!!
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Einhander Sn0m4n
Insane Railgunner
Location: Louisiana... or Dagobah. You know, where Yoda lives.

Post by Einhander Sn0m4n »

And I got zero return fire for my trouble; apparently the 'vulkanom' guy's being shredded!
Image Image
Alerik the Fortunate
Jedi Knight

Post by Alerik the Fortunate »

A bit off topic, but ever since seeing the Re: Atheist video, I constantly think the line: "All your proves are belong to us..."
Every day is victory.
No victory is forever.