Pictures from our weekend alone

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Pictures from our weekend alone

Post by Mrs Kendall »

So it was our 6th anniversary this weekend (the 16th) and we decided this year we deserved to be pampered.

We rented a specialty room at a nearby hotel for 200 dollars a night (we stayed 2 nights).. Our kids stayed with my mother and father for the weekend. The hotel had an awesome but very expensive restaurant that we ate at both nights for dinner. They gave us balloons and even a little mini cake for our anniversary since we reserved a certain table for our anniversary dinner :) They were incredibly friendly and helpful and we're all relaxed and well rested now :) The Hotel had a nice pool, hot tub and sauna that we used. Didn't stay long cause of the kids though, man were those kids noisy :( The hotel also had an exercise room but who exercises while on vacation :lol: We certainly don't ;)
I just realised I sound like I've never been to a hotel in my life :lol: I can assure you I have many times but never splurged on such an expensive room and had such a pleasant stay. We have no regrets paying that much cause we enjoyed it so much. Anyway here are some pictures of what was included in our room :)

It had a King Size Canopy bed...

A 2 person whirlpool right next to the bed...we used that more than twice ;)

A couch with coffee table...

A mini kitchen complete with mini fridge... also a chair with ottoman as you can see.

Mini fridge was in the cabinet under the tv...

A huge bathroom...

... with another 1 person whirlpool tub (we never used this one :lol: ;) ) ...

My only complaints are that the coffee they give you in the room was not tasty... but then again I'm picky when it comes to my coffee :lol:
And the couch and chair could have been more comfy ... but I simply did not use either one as a way of dealing with that problem.

So there's an inside look into our 6th anniversary :) Just in case you cared :D

Hope you enjoyed it :)

Edit: And yes I know I should have opened the curtains before I took the pictures :oops: they're a little dark, but I'm gonna blame that on the fact that the furniture and bed coverings were dark themselves :lol:
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Ooh, a jacuzzi in the bedroom, nice. Though it causes risk of spillage into the carpet. Especially if you're having some 'fun'. :D
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Who cares :lol: It's not our home ;)

No really, I'm kidding, we put all the towels on the floor surrounding the tub where we thought it would spill over just in case ;)
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Wow! All those views and no comments??!!
Ubiquitous
Sith Devotee

Post by Ubiquitous »

Glad you had a good time. Must be enjoyable to spend some time away from the kids once in a while - I know from my sister that, although she loves my niece very much, it can be difficult being on call 24/7, 365 days a year.
"I'm personally against seeing my pictures and statues in the streets - but it's what the people want." - Saparmurat Niyazov
"I'm not good in groups. It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent." - Q
HAB Military Intelligence: Providing sexed-up dodgy dossiers for illegal invasions since 2003.
Pezzoni
Jedi Knight

Post by Pezzoni »

Glad you had a great time, it looks like the hotel was fantastic :)
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Happy (belated) anniversary! Sounds like y'all had a great time.
Burak Gazan
Jedi Council Member

Post by Burak Gazan »

Classy! :D

Happy Anniversary!
"Of course, what would really happen is that in Game 7, with the Red Sox winning 20-0 in the 9th inning, with two outs and two strikes on the last Cubs batter, a previously unseen meteor would strike the earth, instantly and forever wiping out all life on the planet, and forever denying the Red Sox a World Series victory..."
Death from the Sea
Sith Devotee

Post by Death from the Sea »

what was the name of the Hotel?
"War.... it's faaaaaantastic!" <--- Hot Shots:Part Duex
"Psychos don't explode when sunlight hits them, I don't care how fucking crazy they are!"~ Seth from Dusk Till Dawn
|BotM|Justice League's Lethal Protector
Erik von Nein
Jedi Council Member

Post by Erik von Nein »

You stole our suitcase!

:D Looks like a sweet place to spend a romantic evening together.
"To make an apple pie from scratch you must first invent the universe."
— Carl Sagan

Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Death from the Sea wrote:what was the name of the Hotel?
Travelodge in Pembroke, Ontario.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

No no no Erik, you have it all wrong, you stole our suitcase :lol:

Thanks everyone. We did have a good time. The room is actually described as their "classy suite" so Burak, you are correct it is classy ;)