looking for a good free floorplan program.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Crossroads Inc.
Emperor's Hand

looking for a good free floorplan program.

Post by Crossroads Inc. »

I have a number of floorplans Im doing as part of a project and really just some practice. What I'm looking for is something online I can download that has a large packet of house items. Much of what I've found online are either not mac compatable or need to be paid for. Now I could draw my own beds, chairs, tables, etc... but the thing is I need to do it to SCALE, and I'm not exactly sure what size or scale some things need to be.

Any ideas?
Praying is another way of doing nothing helpful
"Congratulations, you get a cookie. You almost got a fundamental English word correct." Pick
"Outlaw star has spaceships that punch eachother" Joviwan
Read "Tales From The Crossroads"!
Read "One Wrong Turn"!
The Silence and I
Jedi Council Member

Post by The Silence and I »

Only idea I have is Inkscape. It's free, easy to use IMO and is a vector based program, which means easy free-scaling. No common house items AFAIK.

Webpage: I'm dressing it 'cause folks seem to like that
"Do not worry, I have prepared something for just such an emergency."

"You're prepared for a giant monster made entirely of nulls stomping around Mainframe?!"

"That is correct!"

"How do you plan for that?"

"Uh... lucky guess?"
Faram
Bastard Operator from Hell

Post by Faram »

Google Sketchup

Good enoff for the pros at my work to use [Nonfree that is] but the free one has a ton of features.
[img=right]http://hem.bredband.net/b217293/warsaban.gif[/img]

"Either God wants to abolish evil, and cannot; or he can, but does not want to. ... If he wants to, but cannot, he is impotent. If he can, but does not want to, he is wicked. ... If, as they say, God can abolish evil, and God really wants to do it, why is there evil in the world?" -Epicurus

Fear is the mother of all gods.

Nature does all things spontaneously, by herself, without the meddling of the gods. -Lucretius