CryEngine2

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

salm
Rabid Monkey

CryEngine2

Post by salm »

Here´s a video of what the new CryEngine (used in the upcomming game crysis) is supposed to be capable of. While i find the Crysis game itself technically impressive out the end i haven´t really looked at it that much because i´m not really interested in the forrest theme.

Anyway, i found this video and, damn, does that look cool. I so want to develope a game on this engine. Just look at these brilliant architecture scenes. Wow.

<edit>sorry, dressing the link doesn´t work for some reason</edit>
<edit2>hmm.... posting a link doesn´t work either. You´ll have to copy and paste</edit>

Code: Select all

http://www.crysis-online.com/video_downloader.php?dir=/media/(Crysis-Online)%20IMAGINA07%20Press%20Kit.avi
Count Dooku
Jedi Knight

Post by Count Dooku »

I almost think the jungle enviornment was chosen specifically to show off what their engine, and DX10, can do. It looks like everything is very densly packed, and the destructableness of everything is very cool.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." (Seneca the Younger, 5 BC - 65 AD)
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Count Dooku wrote:I almost think the jungle enviornment was chosen specifically to show off what their engine, and DX10, can do. It looks like everything is very densly packed, and the destructableness of everything is very cool.
Yeah. The engine was specifically writen in order to produce jungle environments. However, i never payed much attention to this engine because of my desinterest in jungle environments. But this trailer, which is not from the game, but some tech demo shows that you can create really cool other environments.
The lighting system would make it perfect for architectural visualisations. The stuff we see in this movie in realtime is better than most of the people i study with (architecture) are able to produce in a regular movie, aka non relatime.