David & Goliath plagiarises Purple Pussy

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

InnerBrat
CLIT Commander

David & Goliath plagiarises Purple Pussy

Post by InnerBrat »

This has turned up on Something*Positive and Metafilter, but it never hurts to spread it further.

We all know, whether we like or not, the T-shirt company David and Goliath, famous for the "Boys are Stupid, Throw Rocks at Them" line, but I didn't realise til today what plagiarising hacks they all are.

The man behind the designs, "Todd Goliath", recently exhibited a series of paintings in a gallery in LA, including what a fan recognised as a direct rip-off of this single panel comic from Purple Pussy

The original artist is understandably angry about this, and posts baout it on the Something Awful forums.

Now I fell all dirty for having a set of D&G pajamas.

I didn't see any reason to mask the links - but I will if I should?
"I fight with love, and I laugh with rage, you gotta live light enough to see the humour and long enough to see some change" - Ani DiFranco, Pick Yer Nose

"Life 's not a song, life isn't bliss, life is just this: it's living." - Spike, Once More with Feeling
DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

I found out about this yesterday. Dave Kelly is a very talented and twisted genius, and I hope he gets to sue the hell out of that plagiarizing asshole.
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

I hope Shmorky gets to rip Todd's legal balls off.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

:D
Jadeite
Racist Pig Fucker

Post by Jadeite »

There's an 83 page thread about this over on SA. GBS Goons are pretty much carrying on a campaign of harassment against Todd, but he's putting up a surprisingly good fight. So far he (or his associates) are suspected of hacking a few myspaces, and he's putting out emails accusing the artists he steals from to be pedophiles and/or furries.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Woah, ad hominums much? It's not like plagiarizing from pedophiles or furries is somehow more legal than plagiarizing from anyone else.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Sexual deviants have no rights. THIS. IS. AMERICA!!!
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

There are a few things that really make my blood boil, and ever since primary school since someone copied one of my drawings and passed it off as their own, this has been the main one that makes me blast caustic, hellish bile all over everything. I fucking hate such plagiarism with a passion, imagine the rest of this post was a composition of every one-liner sadistic reply to every child molestation thread in N+P and it wouldn't be too far away.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus