Roman Music...?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Roman Music...?

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Never before hearing Roman music, I found two sites with excerpts of reproduced Roman music. First I found a website hosted by music historians (or historic musicians, whatever you want to call them) who reproduce ancient music. I was surprised to find the first piece I clicked on sounded so much like the title music to the HBO series Rome.

Soon after I found this CD on Amazon. Apparently there is no surviving sheet music for musicians to perform, so these compositions are not original. However, at least this indicates what sort of sounds Romans listened to. I find the brass pieces to be the most interesting, such as Imperium and Arena.

It makes me wonder how Romans would react to hearing classical music of today, how they would react to seeing a symphony orchestra play something like Ride of the Valkyries.

Also, I'd like to see how they'd react knowing it is about dirty Germanic barbarians and that a dirty Germanic barbarian composed it. :lol: :P
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
GuppyShark
Sith Devotee

Post by GuppyShark »

It would probably involve stabbing.