Mechs in the II World War

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

Post by IRG CommandoJoe »

Awesome! I love how the Nazi robot threw out his hand when first activated, giving the sieg heil salute, only to have it jammed down his neck. :lol:

Aside from all of the technical details, I was just left wondering why the Americans didn't deploy their own robot immediately upon receiving reports of the Nazi robot. They needlessly sent those pilots to their deaths when they could have easily deployed their robot, which they DID anyway, like some sort of Super Man dickery nonsense.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him? -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

Proud member of the Brotherhood of the Monkey.
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

Fun to watch and no less accurate then Pearl Harbour.

I'm sold.
:D
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Cool movie, fun to watch. I only really have two gripes:

1) The recon plane pilot is a fucking moron. When you see something you report it immediately, then you go get a closer look. And when the robot started to shoot him, the jackass didn't immediately fly in the opposite direction, but rather turned for home which made him pass the robot yet again.

2) Would have been really cool if the battleships opened fire on the robot as it approached. Granted this probably would have ended in it being obliterated. Maybe have the Nazi bot duck under the water then come-up closer to shore guns firing.
darthbob88
Jedi Knight

Post by darthbob88 »

I'll second that second point. It would be very cool to see the thing disappear for a second, have everybody wonder where it went, then..ZOOOM! it comes up from the deeps and everybody shits themselves.
This message approved by the sages Anon and Ibid.
Any views expressed herein are my own unless otherwise noted, and very likely wrong.
I shave with Occam's Razor.
dr. what
Jedi Master

Post by dr. what »

By the way--anyone notice a certain Indian Jones artifact being revealed when the plane crashes into a bunch of boxes and knocks them over? :P
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

dr. what wrote:By the way--anyone notice a certain Indian Jones artifact being revealed when the plane crashes into a bunch of boxes and knocks them over? :P
I was wondering what that was supposed to be; good catch. :)
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

There was Indiania Jones music too, but I didn't catch the artifact myself.

The artwork is great no doubt about that. The P-51s attacking the robot like he was King Kong seems hokey to me but given the Indiana Jones bits perhaps its simply a homage to King Kong.

The action seemed cliched to me, but it was still entertaining to watch. I liked the newsreel feel of the start.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
LaserRifleofDoom
Padawan Learner

Post by LaserRifleofDoom »

Why did planes in the pacific theater have invasion stripes?

Actually... what was Germany-bot doing attacking an american base when Britain is just across the channel?

And What crazy messed up accent did those pilots have? It sounded like no region I've ever heard of.
The Technology of Peace!
Spyder
Sith Marauder

Post by Spyder »

LaserRifleofDoom wrote:Why did planes in the pacific theater have invasion stripes?

Actually... what was Germany-bot doing attacking an american base when Britain is just across the channel?

And What crazy messed up accent did those pilots have? It sounded like no region I've ever heard of.
Hey yeah... and since when were there giant robots in WW2! :evil:
:D
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Where is Soviet Bot and what the hell is the German Bot doing in the USA? :lol: It should've had two separate duke-outs, US-Bot versus Japan Bot and German Bot versus Soviet Bot.

And yes, the idea of sending planes with useless weapons against the robot to their deaths, then launching own mechanical soldier _is_ in fact retarded.
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali
Hawkwings
Sith Devotee

Post by Hawkwings »

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Soviet-bot. I think it would have simply destroyed the others due to its sheer awesomeness. Maybe in a sequel?
HSRTG
Jedi Knight

Post by HSRTG »

Oh wow, I totally forgot about Soviet-bot. I think it would have simply destroyed the others due to its sheer awesomeness. Maybe in a sequel?
Why do you think that Japan-bot and Ameri-bot were frozen there? I'm betting that Soviet-bot had just shown itself and their primitive robot brains couldn't handle the amount of awesome radiating off of it.
Kill one man, you're a murderer. Kill a million, a king. Kill them all, a god. - Anonymous
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

You were saying?
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

Assalti Frontali
fgalkin
Carvin' Marvin

Post by fgalkin »

Is that a Space Maxim gun in his left arm there? :D

Have a very nice day.
-fgalkin
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Is that a Space Maxim gun in his left arm there?
Yeah. Whatever happens, we have got the Maxim gun, and they have not. :lol:

Assalti Frontali
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Adrian Laguna wrote:2) Would have been really cool if the battleships opened fire on the robot as it approached. Granted this probably would have ended in it being obliterated. Maybe have the Nazi bot duck under the water then come-up closer to shore guns firing.
No. What it should have done is ducked under the water, then come up underneath a battleship and tipped the big bastard over. I'd have leapt out of my chair right then.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Seggybop
Jedi Council Member

Post by Seggybop »

The white cliffs and that one scene where the plane flew behind the smokestacks reminded me a lot of the Battle of Britain map in Battlefield 1942. I wonder if that inspired him a bit.
my heart is a shell of depleted uranium
TrailerParkJawa
Sith Acolyte

Post by TrailerParkJawa »

LaserRifleofDoom wrote: And What crazy messed up accent did those pilots have? It sounded like no region I've ever heard of.
The accents were pretty bad, I noticed that too. I think they were trying to do an east coast tough guy accent but it didn't come off right. I can forgive it since the producer appears to not have been from the US.
MEMBER of the Anti-PETA Anti-Facist LEAGUE
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

It would have been funny to see an Italiano-bot malfunction or run away at the sight of Allied...forces. Not even robots. :lol:

"In the unlikely event that someone comes here, hates everything we stand for, and then donates a big chunk of money anyway, I will thank him for his stupidity." -Darth Wong, Lord of the Sith

K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

It would have been funny to see an Italiano-bot malfunction or run away at the sight of Allied...forces. Not even robots
What would his weapon be, Pasta of Doom? :lol:

Assalti Frontali
darthdavid
Pathetic Attention Whore

Post by darthdavid »

Stas Bush wrote:
It would have been funny to see an Italiano-bot malfunction or run away at the sight of Allied...forces. Not even robots
What would his weapon be, Pasta of Doom? :lol:
Heh, it could be made of cardboard, like the Italian army's shoes...
IRG CommandoJoe
Sith Devotee

The weapons should be recordings of Mussolini shouting spurious phrases: "We are a nation of one million bayonets!"

Subsequently when it sees the enemy, it draws its tank-sized bayonet and thrusts it into the air while Ameribot and Britbot blast it to hell. :P Once under fire it either surrenders or flees if not immediately destroyed.