New hi-res shots of models from A New Hope

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jedilaw
Redshirt

New hi-res shots of models from A New Hope

Post by Jedilaw »

Hello all,

I just got back from the Star Wars: Where Science Meets the Imagination exhibit in Fort Worth, and I have a couple hundred 8-megapixel shots that I will be posting online. I photographed the ISD Devastator (3-foot version from ANH), the 4-foot Millenium Falcon from ANH, the Tantive IV, and a few others.

These galleries will be permanently hosted on www.3dscifi.com. They are temporarily posted to Photobucket until we can finish putting the new web pages together.

ISD Devastator - Ft. Worth Exhibit. NOTE: The thumbnails are not clickable. Follow the URL for the full-sized images
Image Image Image

Millenium Falcon - Ft. Worth Exhibit.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Tantive IV (AKA Rebel Blockade Runner).
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Note, I am not uploading every single shot, just the good ones. Some are being tweaked in Photoshop to improve contrast, etc. It will take a while for the whole set to be posted online.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I thought that the MF from ANH didn't have the landing gear "boxes" like that one does?

Awesome fucking pics either way! :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Jedilaw
Redshirt

Post by Jedilaw »

havokeff wrote:I thought that the MF from ANH didn't have the landing gear "boxes" like that one does?

Awesome fucking pics either way! :D
The "boxes" are there, as in the structural shapes. From what I can tell, what is missing is the hatches that the landing gear come out of.

Glad you like the pics.
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

The landing gear boxes were added to the ANH Falcon model for ESB, just as the ANH Devastator model was modified for the film to reflect the ISD-II update.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Spanky The Dolphin wrote:The landing gear boxes were added to the ANH Falcon model for ESB, just as the ANH Devastator model was modified for the film to reflect the ISD-II update.
Ah, the same model, but upgraded. Groovy.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

More or less, as far as I know.
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Jedilaw
Redshirt

Post by Jedilaw »

Ummm, no. In both cases, entirely new models were built. The Falcon in ANH was roughly 5', and they replaced it with a smaller, 32" model for ESB, because they needed it to be more lightweight and maneuverable. The ISD in ANH was 3', give or take. For ESB, they replaced it with an 8' model that is considerably more detailed. The original ISD model is used in a few shots in ESB, flying near the Executor SSD.

Incidentally, there are new gallery pages online here at 3DSciFi. Kudos to Eric Reinholt for laying out and coding the pages! I'll be removing the photobucket links in the near future, once we're sure there are no kinks to work out of the 3DSF galleries.