Soviet War Photography

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Drewcifer
Jedi Council Member

Soviet War Photography

Post by Drewcifer »

I randomly found this small online gallery of a recent exhibition of Soviet photojournalist's work. There are only 32 photos online, but they are beautiful and emotive, and seemed worth sharing with my fellow denizens.

Be advised that these are uncensored war photos depicting "...both the destruction and death in the motherland after the Nazi invasion of 1941, as well as the triumph and glory of the Red Army's march to Berlin culminating in victory in May of 1945".

Probably NSFW.

http://www.schicklerart.com/exhibitions ... index.html
Image Original Warsie ++ Smartass! ~ Picker ~ Grinner ~ Lover ~ Sinner ++ "There's no time for later now"
K. A. Pital
Glamorous Commie

Post by K. A. Pital »

Victory Day. 09 May 1945. Moscow. Red Square. Anatoly Garanin
Russian State Archives - The Great Patriotic War Victory Photo Exposition

1942. A downed Ju-88 burns at the feet of a Soviet soldier. Author unknown.
The finest Soviet war photographers in the 1418 days expo - a staggering 1418 photos, the same number as the number of days in the war - depicting the entirety of the Great Patriotic War from 1941 to 1945.

Probably the two largest photorepositories of excellent Soviet war photography. Use online translators, the wording is rather simple.

I used them some time ago to form my own little repository for Project Recolored where I recolored several dozen Soviet b&w war photos. Like that one:
Lì ci sono chiese, macerie, moschee e questure, lì frontiere, prezzi inaccessibile e freddure
Lì paludi, minacce, cecchini coi fucili, documenti, file notturne e clandestini
Qui incontri, lotte, passi sincronizzati, colori, capannelli non autorizzati,
Uccelli migratori, reti, informazioni, piazze di Tutti i like pazze di passioni...

...La tranquillità è importante ma la libertà è tutto!
Assalti Frontali