Coyote, Mayabird, and the Duchess aboard 'Turner Joy'

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Meeting Marina in person convinces me now more than ever that she need jodhpurs, a pith helmet, and a Webley in a leather belt holster.

And a riding crop, but that's off the record.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

DEATH wrote:Coyote, congragulations on the NCO course!
Also, amazing, you took a picture of Marina not using her standard facial expression :P . (And you're still alive! And probably male/virile!).

Looks like fun, a pity my flights through the west coast today (as well as the last time I was in the US) didn't accomodate a meet-up, but there's always the future. (Did you do any hiking while in Washington state? It's superb)
I was at the Basic NCO Course, which means I am now officially on the path to get promoted to Sergeant First Class, or E-7. Well, not officially, but once you start your BNCOC phases, it means you're popularly considered to be on track. It doesn't become "official" until the final phase, which for me (as a Combat Engineer) will be phase 3, in another year and a half or so (depending on how efficient my unit is at getting us school slots).
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
tim31
Sith Devotee

Post by tim31 »

Why didn't I see this thread before?? It was quite a treat to see all these pictures of the old girl after reading her(now fully explained) appearence in The Salvation War. It was even more of a treat to see Marina from MULTIPLE ANGLES! Madam, you have a lovely facial profile!
lol, opsec doesn't apply to fanfiction. -Aaron

PRFYNAFBTFC
CAPTAIN OF MFS SAMMY HAGAR
ImageImage
Stile
Jedi Knight

Post by Stile »

Marina does look quite haughty in those pictures. Almost like a "Let them eat cake!" attitude. Duchess, indeed. :D