"Adloyada" (Parade of floats and such) [56KDIE]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

"Adloyada" (Parade of floats and such) [56KDIE]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Bigass Adloyada/HS students dressing up and constructing various constructs and draggin them around the place. Enjoy :). (I have a lot more if mechanical eco friendly constructs interest anyone, that or 18-17 year olds in diapers or short devil miniskirts :P).

We'll start with some costumes. Michael Jackson wannabe:
IMG_0352
Little red riding cap: (Like hood, only with a parachuter corps cap):
IMG_0353
IMG_0329
IMG_0374
IMG_0429
IMG_0435
IMG_0446
IMG_0451
IMG_0463
IMG_0467
IMG_0487
IMG_0490
IMG_0495
IMG_0503
IMG_0510
IMG_0536
IMG_0549
IMG_0563
IMG_0568
IMG_0576
IMG_0581
IMG_0594
IMG_0603
IMG_0607
IMG_0617
IMG_0626

a quickr pickr post
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Simplicius
Jedi Council Member

Re: "Adloyada" (Parade of floats and such) [56KDIE]

Post by Simplicius »

Death wrote:IMG_0451
This one's not too bad. It's a good 'candid portrait' of a camera, which is not a type of photo that I see many of at all. That makes it more interesting than it would otherwise be, so, good job there. Execution is good too - clean and straightforward, with the visual emphasis where it belongs.
IMG_0549
A technically good and moderately interesting snap, but I'll use it to make a point: at events like this, with lots of people and thus lots of potential photographs all over the place, making the big papier-mâché sculpture or other stand-out objects the focus of your photos is a mistake. This isn't to say you can't take pictures of them, because that's stupid, but you'll get the best results when you think of them as props rather than subjects. Look for people reacting to them, playing around them, unconsciously imitating them, etc., and you are apt to find more significant photographs that way. (You will of course want to include the stand-out object in the shot for context; just make sure you emphasize that it is a supporting element in the shot.)
IMG_0581
This one might have had potential, but the clutter in the background interferes in a fatal way. The woman's head is lost in a sea of identically-lit and equally-in-focus heads, and as a result it's hard to even tell what the subject is at first. If you weren't able to find an angle that minimized background clutter, you should have tried the widest available aperture to unfocus it into irrelevance.
IMG_0603
This one is technically good as far as clearly presenting a subject is concerned. I don't think you managed to make it compelling (exaggerating its size and the bulkiness of the form is one way that comes to mind), but still, it is good and clear.

I don't have much to say about the rest; they're pretty ordinary.