Intro and Art

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Intro and Art

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Greetings, all. I've been a long time lurker here, but I haven't really assed myself to sign up until now. I know quite a number of the Omniverse Zero/One forum members do post here, and they may recognize me as Malchus over in Omniverse One. So, I guess it's a hi to everybody here, and I'll try not to make too much of an ass of myself.

Anyway, I didn't want this to just be another vapid noob intro thread. Since I've been working on a possible webcomic idea in the past week, I decided to make my into thread also be an art thread of sorts. I post most of my completed stuff on my DeviantArt page. My stuff draws heavily, in both design and plot conventions, from western cartoons. And I'm not afraid to draw in a somewhat cute manner. So, if that's not your thing, be forewarned.

So, to start off, other that the stuff already up on my completed DA page, here's some sketches:

Some wacky tank design based not on any real design layout that makes sense but on Rule of Cool and More Dakka, if I may use TVTropes lingo. The gratuitous Tesla coil was suggested by Shroom Man 777. Also, this is the first piece that I "inked" with a tablet that I'm satisfied with. Of course, it's mostly geometrical, so I had the line and shape tools to fall back on. I still haven't mastered how to draw less geometrical subjects (like people) with my tablet to any satisfactory degree.

The above design was for this pic of characters I'm calling Corporal Turducken and the Panzerquacken. In terms of design, these guys are pretty nostalgic since I used to draw Donald Duck (my favorite classic Disney character) all the time when I was younger. Here, I just basically used a similar design to Donald and his nephews, but made their heads less rounded and their beaks sharper and angular. Then I applied the principle of More Dakka--er, or should that be More Ducka? Also, the positioning of Cpl. Turducken's 35mm Gatling Grenade Launcher was given its rather Fruedian positioning on purpose. Just because.

Well, that's in for now. Again, hello to all of you.

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."
----LionElJonson, admitting to being a sociopathic little shit

"Please educate yourself before posting more."
----Sarevok, who really should have taken his own advice
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Re: Intro and Art

Post by Aaron »

Cool dinosaur, reminds me of the Dino Riders cartoon.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Heya Malchus! Nice to see you here.

That tank certainly has a lot of dakka, but if I asked where it kept all its ammo for all those guns would I regret it?
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Heya, Booted. As for the ammo, well, the tank only exists is some dream scape, so I can handwave its illogical layout away in favor of plot. :lol:

Speaking of the tank, I just finished the colored version: http://mpcp13.deviantart.com/art/Dick-a ... -116526529

"Like I said, I don't care about human suffering as long as it doesn't affect me."

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Turducken! It's not over yet!

Hey Malachuschus!
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

Some quick tablet work of this awesome sketch this devart user made of my recently posted character, Thoth, with one of her characters: http://mpcp13.deviantart.com/art/Thoth- ... -116840849

Ilya Muromets
Jedi Knight

Post by Ilya Muromets »

As promised I promised to Shroom Man 777, a B-day sketch for him featuring two characters from the multi-member collaboration Omniverse One universe known as O1 Comix in a somewhat LesYay position. The penciling was kinda light in some parts, so the lines are inconsistent. I can correct that later though if I ink this in and color it. That's a big IF, though, since there's a lot of art in my artistic backlog.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i320/ ... laramy.jpg

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Much appreciated, mangs!

(Though I think there's something odd in AMY's eyes.)
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

The gal on the left, looks really into it. Great work.

edit gal not guy.