Music that still rips your heart out.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kodiak
Jedi Master

Re: Music that still rips your heart out.

Post by Kodiak »

Nora Jones Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Image PRFYNAFBTFCP
Captain of the MFS Frigate of Pizazz +2 vs. Douchebags - Est vicis pro nonnullus suscito vir

"Are you an idiot? What demand do you think there is for aircraft carriers that aren't government?" - Captain Chewbacca

"I keep my eighteen wives in wonderfully appointed villas by bringing the underwear of god to the heathens. They will come to know God through well protected goodies." - Gandalf

"There is no such thing as being too righteous to understand." - Darth Wong
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull is truly heart wrenching to me, in a lovely, melancholy happy way, about the vanishing of the role and way of life of the plougsman and the draft-horse. The tractor's on its way...
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
Sriad
Sith Devotee

Post by Sriad »

Busby Berkeley Dreams gets me every time.

"I should have forgotten you long ago
But you're in every song I know..."
Akkleptos
Jedi Knight

Post by Akkleptos »

Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata & Fugue in D minor
Blue Dress by Depeche Mode
Johnny Cash's rendition of We'll meet again. It just gets tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat.

Oh, but it was only during the 1st movement of Tchaikovsky's Concerto for Violin and Orchestra Op. 35 (with Salvatore Accardo playing the solo violin) that I noticed I hadn't breathed since the clicmatic part started. It was that intense.

Oh, and of course I agree with
Wyrm wrote: The only one that comes to mind right now is the Cosmos theme music. It's that beautiful. Brings tears to my eyes every time.
Life in Commodore 64:
10 OPEN "EYES",1,1
20 GET UP$:IF UP$="" THEN 20
30 GOTO BATHROOM
GENERATION 29
Don't like what I'm saying?
Take it up with my representative:
spaceviking
Jedi Knight

Post by spaceviking »

This train don't stop- Elton John
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

There isn't any song that rips my heart out, nor can there be one since grief doesn't resonate well with music in me. However, I am drawn to songs with a certain melancholy or tragic element, which is somewhat in the same vein as the OP.

The Haunting, by Kamelot
A grief stricken man apologizes to the woman he seduced under the sorrowful delusion that she was his dead beloved.

Love You To Death, by Kamelot
Young love doomed by terminal illness.

Walk in the Rain, by Yoko Kanno
No clear story or message, but it's supremely melancholic. The music is like a funeral march and every lyric is streaked with anguish.