Photos from recent nature hike.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Pulp Hero
Jedi Master

Photos from recent nature hike.

Post by Pulp Hero »

I went for a little hike this Saturday. Towards the end I saw a snake that prompted me to a take a picture (the third frikkin' snake in my path that day), and I snapped off a few photos of the woods afterward.

I can never love you because I'm just thirty squirrels in a mansuit."

"Ah, good ol' Popeye. Punching ghosts until they explode."[/b]-Internet Webguy

"It was cut because an Army Ordnance panel determined that a weapon that kills an enemy soldier 10 times before he hits the ground was a waste of resources, so they scaled it back to only kill him 3 times."-Anon, on the cancellation of the Army's multi-kill vehicle.
Mayabird
Storytime!

Re: Photos from recent nature hike.

Post by Mayabird »

Nice woods and pond there. Where were you hiking? (It'll also help me ID that snake.)
[line 2]
DPDarkPrimus is my boyfriend!

SDNW4 Nation: The Refuge And, on Nova Terra, Al-Stan the Totally and Completely Honest and Legitimate Weapons Dealer and Used Starship Salesman slept on a bed made of money, with a blaster under his pillow and his sombrero pulled over his face. This is to say, he slept very well indeed.
Alyrium Denryle
Minister of Sin

Post by Alyrium Denryle »

Its an eastern hognose snake. Heterondon platirhinos
GALE Force Biological Agent/
BOTM/Great Dolphin Conspiracy/
Entomology and Evolutionary Biology Subdirector:SD.net Dept. of Biological Sciences

There is Grandeur in the View of Life; it fills me with a Deep Wonder, and Intense Cynicism.

Factio republicanum delenda est
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I like the fallen tree in the 5th and 7th black-and-white photos. Do you have colour versions of those pictures? Also, is that just simple black-and-white or is that that weird near-infrared photography that makes chlorophyll white?