"Something Real" - a Culture Fanfilm...

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

"Something Real" - a Culture Fanfilm...

Post by Big Orange »

Link

This very well made, well written, reasonably well acted, and entertaining fanfilm is inspired directly by the Iain M. Banks Culture series. 7 minutes of this is more inspired and entertaining than 150 minutes of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. :P
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Something Real" - a Culture Fanfilm...

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Old, but still nice. (Already posted ages ago)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
Big Orange
Emperor's Hand

Re: "Something Real" - a Culture Fanfilm...

Post by Big Orange »

Even though this was made quite a long time before Matter was published, the vast interior space of a GSV they were likely in seems surprisingly similar to the inhabited levels of a Shellworld, with the unseen vaulted roof propped up by gigantic pillars.
'Alright guard, begin the unnecessarily slow moving dipping mechanism...' - Dr. Evil

'Secondly, I don't see why "income inequality" is a bad thing. Poverty is not an injustice. There is no such thing as causes for poverty, only causes for wealth. Poverty is not a wrong, but taking money from those who have it to equalize incomes is basically theft, which is wrong.' - Typical Randroid

'I think it's gone a little bit wrong.' - The Doctor