Your ship design in EVE Online

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Jon
Jedi Council Member

Your ship design in EVE Online

Post by Jon »

I thought some here might be interested in this... CCP are running a contest at deviant art for people to submit starship designs... the best design will be made into a full working model and available inside the game for players to fly.

http://news.deviantart.com/article/128272/
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Re: Your ship design in EVE Online

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Would be even better if they'd do a design contest to reskin some of the fuck-ugly ships already in the game.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Lagmonster
Master Control Program
Master Control Program

Post by Lagmonster »

Someone get fractalsponge's attention, pronto!
Note: I'm semi-retired from the board, so if you need something, please be patient.
xt828
Padawan Learner

Post by xt828 »

I love how hilariously underscaled the videocard is in their prize picture. Those things are longer than an iPad is high.
Stark
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stark »

Mr. Coffee wrote:Would be even better if they'd do a design contest to reskin some of the fuck-ugly ships already in the game.
While they're at it, a few different textures per ship would be nice. :)

Seriously, no fan made ship could be worse than some of the designs ingame (especially Gallente).
Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Stark wrote:
Mr. Coffee wrote:Would be even better if they'd do a design contest to reskin some of the fuck-ugly ships already in the game.

Seriously, no fan made ship could be worse than some of the designs ingame (especially Gallente).
The entire Caldari line up needs some love. The new Scorpion skin actually looks decent, but most of the rest of the caldari ships are still asymmetrical horrors created by someone that ate a lot of the brown acid.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Jaevric
Jedi Knight

Post by Jaevric »

Stark wrote:

This. I have a high tolerance for ugly ships, but the Vexor and Dominix are just lousy-looking in my opinion. Some Gallente ships are pretty damned nice-looking imo but those two are just garbage.