Disturbing 40k Dorama (NSFW)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Kojiro
Jedi Master

Re: Disturbing 40k Dorama (NSFW)

Post by Kojiro »

Connor MacLeod wrote:... If oyu wanted to really graphically portray the consequences, it wouldn't be raping an eldar female (Biology is a big question mark for one thing, and there is a possibility it might even be fatal to humans. Eldar have been portrayed with toxic blood after all. And even then, for any "properly Emperor-fearing citizen" it would probably be distasteful, since that would risk xenos contamination and only a deviant would do that. It would be more like beastiality than anything. And besides if caught they'd probably be executed not for committing the rape, but for tainting themselves by "consorting with xenos.")
Just as an aside, human/eldar hybrid used to be possible- Rogue Trader (pg 177) actually states that humans and eldar are so genetically close interbreeding is possible. There is one example of a half eldar, Illiyan Nastase, actually joining the Ultramarines as an astropath. Of course this is old and possibly has been changed since then. The existance of a half eldar in 40K is probably nothing more than a brain bug about half elves.

As for the diorama itself, well technically it's masterful. As for what it says... I think one thing that makes me slightly suspect of it is that the eldar looks... well not defeated. I don't mean she should be cowering, but she's unwounded, her armour appears clean (but for her boots and hand) and suspiciously easy to remove. If I had to guess, looking at the removed breastplate, it would appear this guardian went in with a bare midriff. That and the fact she's got an open face helmet and long blonde hair just screams sexualisation to me. It'd be one thing if she were wearing the faceless helm but she's deliberately feminised and that 'beauty' is unmarred by anything. She doesn't even have a bloodied lip. Lastly she's showing a nipple when there's no need and I dare say most women know how to cover themselves. It just feels like the creator wanted to portray a woman being raped more than the horrors of war.

I suppose you can argue that without the feminizing traits it doesn't evoke the same response but I think that falls flat. The creator put a lot of time into making her a beautiful female. You could have had the scene with perhaps a few male eldar being/just been executed and two females bound seperately, possibly some sorting of them and leering grins on the faces of the IG at being tossed another female. Either way I think its technically excellent but of extremely questionable content.
Dragon Clan Veritech
Sinewmire
Padawan Learner

Post by Sinewmire »

where some Imperial characters in fluff act surprised to have the tiniest shred of empathy toward other species, if I remember right, especially eldar.
Remember, Propaganda isn't what always happens. Humans often associate with Aliens on the frontiers, Kroot or even Ork mercenaries aren't unknown and hell, the Eldar and humans allied against Abaddon at least twice. WW2 propaganda was often recognised as such.
"Our terror has to be indiscriminate, otherwise innocent people will cease to fear"
-Josef Stalin
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

not to mention there are a number of fuedal/feral worlds which also happen to be exodite worlds. says so on the maps. So there's probably a fear/respect thing going on those worlds usually combating a mutual enemy who wants the humans for labour/pain slaves and the exodites to rape and breed with.

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin