Show us your desktop!

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RRoan
Padawan Learner

Post by RRoan »

Never mind the tangle of icons. I prefer them on the desktop since the menu is more cluttered. :oops:
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Alyeska wrote:Image
You use this too? I have this on my widescreen laptop. For a moment I thought I was looking at my own machine!
Alyeska
Federation Ambassador

Post by Alyeska »

I too have it on my widescreen laptop. Wonderful picture and perfect for widescreen.
"If the facts are on your side, pound on the facts. If the law is on your side, pound on the law. If neither is on your side, pound on the table."

"The captain claimed our people violated a 4,000 year old treaty forbidding us to develop hyperspace technology. Extermination of our planet was the consequence. The subject did not survive interrogation."
FSTargetDrone
Emperor's Hand

Post by FSTargetDrone »

Alyeska wrote:I too have it on my widescreen laptop. Wonderful picture and perfect for widescreen.
Everytime I show this picture to people who haven't seen it elsewhere, they are always surprised how easy it is to find North Korea. It makes South Korea look like a large island west of Japan.
Archon
Padawan Learner

Post by Archon »

Line drawing of an ISD from EGVV with no Icons.

Click here to see the image.

Nice and simple.
In Omnia Paratus.
Peace. Order. Good government.
Pu-239
Sith Marauder

Post by Pu-239 »

Click for full version. Running Ubuntu w/ Candido theme

Got it off of dA, don't remember where, but hosted here http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... aer9ry.jpg

ah.....the path to happiness is revision of dreams and not fulfillment... -SWPIGWANG
Sufficient Googling is indistinguishable from knowledge -somebody
Anything worth the cost of a missile, which can be located on the battlefield, will be shot at with missiles. If the US military is involved, then things, which are not worth the cost if a missile will also be shot at with missiles. -Sea Skimmer

George Bush makes freedom sound like a giant robot that breaks down a lot. -Darth Raptor
Kojiro
Jedi Master

Post by Kojiro »

The black spaces are caused by the two monitors being different physical sizes.
Dragon Clan Veritech
Lord Pounder
Pretty Hate Machine

Post by Lord Pounder »

Durandal wrote:
Is that the actress who plays Lois Lane on Smallville?
No, her name is Keeley Hazell. She's a Page 3 Girl from the Sun and was recently voted 2nd sexiest woman in the world by FHM UK.
RIP Yosemite Bear
Gone, Never Forgotten
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

The Beast

M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
weemadando
SMAKIBBFB

Post by weemadando »

Sorry for breaking formatting, but it just didn't look right when reduced in size.

The wallpaper is concept art from an upcoming HL2 mod called Nuclear Dawn. That's about all I know about it, other than that looks cool.
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Well, at least ando announced it first.
And Cpl Kendall, is there (as I suspect) a method to all the icons being arranged around whatever nBSG BattleStar that is, or were you just too lazy to resize it?
'Next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me. Real hard.'
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'No. No dating for the Batman. It might cut into your brooding time.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Batman wrote: And Cpl Kendall, is there (as I suspect) a method to all the icons being arranged around whatever nBSG BattleStar that is, or were you just too lazy to resize it?
No he was not lazy, he just doesn't post images like that very often and I had to show him how to do it... we thought it would be like every other image clickable thumbnail but apparently Photobucket has changed their stupid picture sizing shit...
That is small eh... wow :shock:

Edit: Trying to fix that for him... please stand by...
Last edited by Mrs Kendall on 2006-05-21 06:32pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Batman wrote:Well, at least ando announced it first.
And Cpl Kendall, is there (as I suspect) a method to all the icons being arranged around whatever nBSG BattleStar that is, or were you just too lazy to resize it?
That is Pegasus and I didn't want it full screen because then the icons trample on the pic which I hate. As for why it doesn't go fullscreen when you click on it, Mrs Kendall is working on it, this Photobucket is all Greek to me. :oops:
Batman
Emperor's Hand
Location: Seriously thinking about moving to Marvel because so much of the DCEU stinks

Post by Batman »

Um-I was talking about the standard Windows blue background of the 'frame' (for want of a better term) that is the part of the desktop where the actual icons are. That arrangement looks like the BattleStar picture not covering the entire desktop is intentional.
EDIT: Nevermind, either of you. The pic not covering the whole desktop was all I was getting at, I'm fully aware of the photobucket issues. The Cpl just cleared up what I was curious about.
'You're a princess from a society of immortal warriors. I'm a rich kid with issues. Lots of issues.'
'Tactically we have multiple objectives. So we need to split into teams.'-'Dibs on the Amazon!'
'Hey, we both have a Martian's phone number on our speed dial. I think I deserve the benefit of the doubt.'
'You know, for a guy with like 50 different kinds of vision, you sure are blind.'
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

Batman wrote:Um-I was talking about the standard Windows blue background of the 'frame' (for want of a better term) that is the part of the desktop where the actual icons are. That arrangement looks like the BattleStar picture not covering the entire desktop is intentional.
Oh well, neither of us know how to make pictures bigger or smaller, we're not computer whizes you know ;) :P
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

Batman wrote:Um-I was talking about the standard Windows blue background of the 'frame' (for want of a better term) that is the part of the desktop where the actual icons are. That arrangement looks like the BattleStar picture not covering the entire desktop is intentional.
It is intentional, I prefer the small picture so I can have the icons arranged around it without them being on top of the picture itself.
Mrs Kendall
Sith Marauder

Post by Mrs Kendall »

This seems to be the biggest I can get it to go with my computer knowledge.
phongn
Rebel Leader

Post by phongn »

Mrs Kendall - right-click the desktop, select "Properties" and then click the "Desktop" tab. There's a drop-down box labelled "Position" that can stretch the image if you want.
Batman
Emperor's Hand

Post by Batman »

I think the Cpl made it clear that he doesn't want to stretch the image.
Methinks Ms Kendall was talking about the biggest she could make the pic within the limits of img tags.
Comando293
Padawan Learner

Post by Comando293 »

I saw this in Testing and thought it was funny.
Avatar courtesy of Alan Bolte and Glimmervoid
SylasGaunt
Sith Acolyte

Post by SylasGaunt »

Image is a bit of Okami concept art I snagged off Gamespot.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

weemadando wrote:Sorry for breaking formatting, but it just didn't look right when reduced in size.

*snap!*

The wallpaper is concept art from an upcoming HL2 mod called Nuclear Dawn. That's about all I know about it, other than that looks cool.
That's just sweet!
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Bounty
Emperor's Hand

Post by Bounty »

Cpl Kendall wrote:
It is intentional, I prefer the small picture so I can have the icons arranged around it without them being on top of the picture itself.
If you want, you can use this version - I made it for a friend who didn't like to stretch the 800x450 image over his 1024x768 screen. It still has room for icons, but at least it's not blue :)

Linky
Last edited by Bounty on 2006-05-22 06:51am, edited 1 time in total.
2000AD
Emperor's Hand

Post by 2000AD »

My desktop:

Just the image, my now dearly departed kitty Cookie:

Ph34r teh eyebrow!!11!Writers Guild Sluggite Pawn of Chaos WYGIWYGAINGW so now i have to put ACPATHNTDWATGODW in my sig EBC-Honorary Geordie
Hammerman! Hammer!
Vanas
Jedi Council Member

Post by Vanas »

Continuing my string of indecision, I've now moved into this one:
More Venator love

Still from the Homeworld2 Warlords Mod. (In this case, Clone Wars .91)
According to wikipedia, "the Mohorovičić discontinuity is the boundary between the Earth's crust and the mantle."
According to Starbound, it's a problem solvable with enough combat drugs to turn you into the Incredible Hulk.