Coyote, Mayabird, and the Duchess aboard 'Turner Joy'

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

DPDarkPrimus
Emperor's Hand

Post by DPDarkPrimus »

What, was there no bald eagle perching on the top of the ship's mast this time?
Mayabird is my girlfriend
Justice League:BotM:MM:SDnet City Watch:Cybertron's Finest
"Well then, science is bullshit. "
-revprez, with yet another brilliant rebuttal.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Post by The Duchess of Zeon »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:What, was there no bald eagle perching on the top of the ship's mast this time?
No, they saved that for you.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

LadyTevar wrote: Other than a shrug or a shawl, I'm not sure what you're wanting. Besides, in winter you want the little knit tights and thigh-high boots. Warmer that way.
It's hard to find boots which don't have some sort of heel, at least in my experience, and I'm already tall enough that even for the very most formal of occasions I absolutely refuse to wear more than a half-inch..

I guess it's fashion on my part--I want long, traditional stockings to cover my legs, as I detest nylons--but I don't really have any, so that's the one thing I need, and the arm warmers are so I can keep wearing some pretty revealing shirts in winter without having my arms, which are perpetually cold (my family has somewhat poor circulation) from dying in the sea breeze here--which can, especially on the ferry, make even a hot day rather chilly. What I'm thinking of are these, basically--nice modest black ones and a few other colours which match my clothes. Since I really do look well when I build what I dress around black, for the most part--it's a contrast with the intense ivory of my skin which comes off well.
Play with your hair. If you have the excess fabric, flare your skirt a little. Flirt with the camera, try not to look like you're scared to have a picture taken. :lol: You've got it, girl... FLAUNT IT.
OOoh, that's so complimentary of you toward me--Thank you, Tevar! I admit that you're right, I am still rather scared to have my picture taken--for so long I lived in mortal terror of my own face that it's hard to get over it, or believe that I'm genuinely attractive. Even when basically everyone says that now. *Sheepish look* Even Arik, though Mei-Ai will beat him up now.
The threshold for inclusion in Wikipedia is verifiability, not truth. -- Wikipedia's No Original Research policy page.

In 1966 the Soviets find something on the dark side of the Moon. In 2104 they come back. -- Red Banner / White Star, a nBSG continuation story. Updated to Chapter 4.0 -- 14 January 2013.
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Rogue 9 wrote: Now that sounds like it'd be a blast. :D
See what I did there?
Think Congress would issue a letter of marque? :twisted:
Tee-hee, you horrible person. I WISH we could get a letter of Marque. Since we don't have any high-ranking navy types, the most experienced navigator gets to be the ship's Master, like in the 18th century, and the ranking Army officer gets to be the Captain. The most skilled mechanical engineer is the Cheng, the mechanical sorts of people get to be the plant crew, with the other engineers as officers.... The navigational crew (Master's Mates) consists of everyone else with navigating experience (ooh, that includes me) to handle the navigation watches, and battery commanders and so on are the remaining military officers, everyone with radar experience gets stuck in CIC, and Shep can even be the ship's electrician--we'll find Elfdart dead one day in one of the showers due to 'faulty' wiring, of course, but whatever.

Since we have a letter of Marque, we can legally buy high-grade weaponry, so in addition to the 3 x 5in/54cal, get the torpedo tubes back operational and, in the positions of the two old 3in/50cal mounts, install Sea RAM launchers, and affix two x 25mm Bushmasters for close-in work as required.

Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:
Coyote wrote:Only in that one shot. :oops: In the torpedo shot and the shot of the foredeck from the bridge level I got it right. It's... um... it's because I'm left-handed. Yeah. That's it!
*grins* Oh, it's okay.

P.S. I actually think you're enormously fit, and if this is "letting yourself go", you must have been at one point able to fight Ah-nuld to a standstill.
Clearly, Coyote "letting himself go" (whatever that entails ;)) must be the subject of his next photo session with you guys.

:lol:
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

Shroom Man 777 wrote:Clearly, Coyote "letting himself go" (whatever that entails ;)) must be the subject of his next photo session with you guys.

:lol:
Just me getting fat & lazy! :?
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
Grrr! Fight my Brute, you pansy!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

So we'll do a photo session of Arik in a laz-y-boy scarfing down hamburgers?

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:I am still rather scared to have my picture taken--for so long I lived in mortal terror of my own face that it's hard to get over it, or believe that I'm genuinely attractive.
You wear a great face, and it's an attractive one.

Deal with it.
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:So we'll do a photo session of Arik in a laz-y-boy scarfing down hamburgers?
Yes, that would be excellent.

To further heap on the compliments, I also think you have great hair! It's an interesting shade of blonde... brownish... strawberry... reddish? :)
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

DPDarkPrimus wrote:What, was there no bald eagle perching on the top of the ship's mast this time?
Amy told me that story; I wondered if perhaps there was bait left on the mast by the employees for the occassional photo shot. Heheh.
Something about Libertarianism always bothered me. Then one day, I realized what it was:
Libertarian philosophy can be boiled down to the phrase, "Work Will Make You Free."

In Libertarianism, there is no Government, so the Bosses are free to exploit the Workers.
In Communism, there is no Government, so the Workers are free to exploit the Bosses.
So in Libertarianism, man exploits man, but in Communism, its the other way around!

If all you want to do is have some harmless, mindless fun, go H3RE INST3ADZ0RZ!!
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Shroom Man 777 wrote:

To further heap on the compliments, I also think you have great hair! It's an interesting shade of blonde... brownish... strawberry... reddish? :)
It is. I'm best described as a "dirty strawberry blonde", with the apparent colour being highly variable depending on the lighting conditions.

..And thank you so much for liking it.

The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Kanastrous wrote:

Deal with it.
Eeee, too many compliments.

My innate sense of paranoia wants me to believe that you're all buttering me up, even though there's no plausible reason why.

Coyote
Rabid Monkey

Post by Coyote »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: My innate sense of paranoia wants me to believe that you're all buttering me up, even though there's no plausible reason why.
Yeah, since if we were in one of those "SDN crash landed on a desert island; who's the first one going on the grill?" scenarios, you don't have anywhere enough meat on your bones to warrant a second look.

Oh, not that kind of buttering. Nevermind. :wink:

Kanastrous
Sith Acolyte

Post by Kanastrous »

Kanastrous wrote:

Deal with it.

My innate sense of paranoia wants me to believe that you're all buttering me up, even though there's no plausible reason why.
Maybe we're planning to squeeze you into a small space, and the butter helps...?
I find myself endlessly fascinated by your career - Stark, in a fit of Nerd-Validation, November 3, 2011
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

Coyote wrote:
The Duchess of Zeon wrote: My innate sense of paranoia wants me to believe that you're all buttering me up, even though there's no plausible reason why.
Yeah, since if we were in one of those "SDN crash landed on a desert island; who's the first one going on the grill?" scenarios, you don't have anywhere enough meat on your bones to warrant a second look.

Oh, not that kind of buttering. Nevermind. :wink:
I'm also one of a very few people who's handled a sailing ship, Arik, so, you know, shit out of luck if I go onto the grill and you later manage to build one.

Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

They have the forward 5" roped off, huh? The last time I visited Turner Joy (about three years ago) you could climb in the turret and actually sit in the gunner's seat.

Did you make it over to the Undersea Warfare Museum, or was one warship all the "war crap" (as my wife puts it) you could tolerate?
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
The Duchess of Zeon
Gözde

SancheztheWhaler wrote:They have the forward 5" roped off, huh? The last time I visited Turner Joy (about three years ago) you could climb in the turret and actually sit in the gunner's seat.

Did you make it over to the Undersea Warfare Museum, or was one warship all the "war crap" (as my wife puts it) you could tolerate?
Are you sure it wasn't the 5in right aft? Because we took those initial pictures from the gunner's position there.

They had several areas of the ship roped off, however, for regular maintenance--they're fairly aggressive about it as far as I can tell.

And no, we didn't go to the Undersea Warfare Museum. War museums are kinda boring--climbing all over ships is FUN.

Big Phil
BANNED

Post by Big Phil »

SancheztheWhaler wrote:They have the forward 5" roped off, huh? The last time I visited Turner Joy (about three years ago) you could climb in the turret and actually sit in the gunner's seat.

Are you sure it wasn't the 5in right aft? Because we took those initial pictures from the gunner's position there.

They had several areas of the ship roped off, however, for regular maintenance--they're fairly aggressive about it as far as I can tell.

And no, we didn't go to the Undersea Warfare Museum. War museums are kinda boring--climbing all over ships is FUN.
Could have been aft; I know that forward wasn't roped off back then, as I have a photo of me standing by the flag at the bow.
In Brazil they say that Pele was the best, but Garrincha was better
Pelranius
Sith Marauder

Post by Pelranius »

Very nice pics, I must say.

Ship does look a bit cramped, but I reckon it did its job well.
Turns out that a five way cross over between It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Ali G Show, Fargo, Idiocracy and Veep is a lot less funny when you're actually living in it.
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

I feel bad for whomever runs into that pipe in the middle of the night.

And damn, Coyote, has anyone ever told you that you have a jaw rivaling freakin' Kratos? :shock:
JADAFETWA
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote:..And thank you so much for liking it.
^______^

Now I can't wait for Sheppy-pooh to post pics of his Boys' Day Out Road Trip (with military aircraft)!
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Coyote, congragulations on the NCO course!
Also, amazing, you took a picture of Marina not using her standard facial expression :P . (And you're still alive! And probably male/virile!).

Looks like fun, a pity my flights through the west coast today (as well as the last time I was in the US) didn't accomodate a meet-up, but there's always the future. (Did you do any hiking while in Washington state? It's superb)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Kanastrous wrote:

Deal with it.

Of course there's a reason! We don't want to get keelhauled.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Setzer
Requiescat in Pace

Post by Setzer »

The Duchess of Zeon wrote: OOoh, that's so complimentary of you toward me--Thank you, Tevar! I admit that you're right, I am still rather scared to have my picture taken--for so long I lived in mortal terror of my own face that it's hard to get over it, or believe that I'm genuinely attractive. Even when basically everyone says that now. *Sheepish look* Even Arik, though Mei-Ai will beat him up now.
You kinda look like you're trying hard not to laugh about something. Was Coyote making faces off screen?
Singular Quartet
Sith Marauder

Post by Singular Quartet »

LadyTevar wrote: Other than a shrug or a shawl, I'm not sure what you're wanting. Besides, in winter you want the little knit tights and thigh-high boots. Warmer that way.
It's hard to find boots which don't have some sort of heel, at least in my experience, and I'm already tall enough that even for the very most formal of occasions I absolutely refuse to wear more than a half-inch..
If it makes you feel better, my mother has the same problems with that. She generally hunts for riding boots, as I recall. Don't know if that helps you any...