The Day That Never Comes

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Spartan
Sith Marauder

Post by The Spartan »

Sorry, TS I'm not trying to be difficult. It's not so much that I have a specific set of qualities it has to meet it's more that I don't have a set of qualities; I either like it or I don't.

It just so happens that most of the stuff I like is from older bands, but I can only listen to my old albums so many times before I get bored, hence wanting new material...

My best bet right now is to get as much old albums, particularly live ones, together and rotate bands/styles.

That said, I'll check out Testament like you said in the mean time.
The Gentleman from Texas abstains. Discourteously.
PRFYNAFBTFC-Vice Admiral: MFS Masturbating Walrus :: Omine subtilite Odobenus rosmarus masturbari
Soy un perdedor.
"WHO POOPED IN A NORMAL ROOM?!"-Commander William T. Riker
Loner
Jedi Knight

Post by Loner »

The album has been leaked and most of it is on youtube. Like Judas Kiss.
"There are times I'd like to get my hands on God." - Frank Castle
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Meh. It sounds choppy. I'm not one of those "Metallica sold out!!" or "They don't sound like they did when they were 20!!" whiners like some, but this was a pretty weak effort. I'd rather see a foray into a completely different sound than cannibalizing Blackened, Fade To Black, and The Unforgiven with Hetfield's singing style from Load.

Other than that, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet... good or bad. I'll wait 'till I hear it in the context of the album.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
JLTucker
BANNED

Post by JLTucker »

Fucking Hammett and his wah solos.