Havokeff's DCU

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Havok
Miscreant

Re: Havokeff's DCU

Post by Havok »

Probably not. I already have Bary Allen, Wally West and Jay Garrick with their respective teams and I'm not doubling up on characters.
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Ok then, how about Plastic Man or his son Offspring? I didn't see them in your artwork. :) Good job though.
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Very well done, Havokeff, very well done indeed.
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Good stuff. I wish I could be bothered drawing anymore. :D

Just one thing:
The girl on the far right of this picture needs a bit of an overhaul. The bottom half is fine, but the chest looks a bit too flat, the X doesn't really flow along the contours of her body and her face is pretty asymmetrical and needs a bit of a redraw. I'm guessing you drew her last while you were really tired? :P
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

the minor fact that Garfield Logan is in three seperate pictures....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

JME2 wrote:Very well done, Havokeff, very well done indeed.
Thanks JME. I know you are a connoisseur so to speak, so that one has got some extra "oomph". :D

Rye
No, that is one purpose. Those are obviously the Teen Titans. I try to actually emphasize TEEN. While most people that draw them, emphasize the EE. :wink:
Just draw you big sissy.

Bear
Hey man. T-Rexs are big. :D
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

Very cool stuff! You're making me want to start reading comic books again,
Publius
Jedi Council Member

Post by Publius »

Very surprised to see how tall you made the Atom (and amused but not surprised to see how similar our interpretations of the original JSA are -- particularly vis-à-vis the Sandman's mask). Overall a magnificent effort with extraordinarily good results. Well done, indeed.
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
The Yosemite Bear

out of curiosity I assume that massive woman in the JLA second team is Barda, except that the costume looks different then I remember.... And last time I checked the only character in the Teen Titans that should have oversized rack would be Kory, as it's a known fact that she is alien and a tad disproportionate.

so how about the next gen characters?

you know them from kingdom come. :angelic:

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Publius wrote:Very surprised to see how tall you made the Atom (and amused but not surprised to see how similar our interpretations of the original JSA are -- particularly vis-à-vis the Sandman's mask). Overall a magnificent effort with extraordinarily good results. Well done, indeed.
Thanks. :D Your appreciation of my work means quite a bit, as I greatly admire yours.
As for the Atom, that was poor planing on my part. I forgot how short he was when I drew him initially as a rough. Unfortunately, I finished out the front row before I remembered, so he remained tall. :oops:

Bear
That is actually Grace. She is a relatively a new character. She is half Amazonian. All the info I could find on her lists her as 7'8", although she is normally drawn as a human sized female of about 5'11-6'0ish. And those are the current incarnation of the Outsiders. A second JLA, as well as a JSA will be coming soon. I'm not sure about the second gen characters.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear

so where would my favorite couple from Apokolips be?

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

I'm not sure where I would work them in at. My initial thought was to do the villains as well as the heroes and keep them separate, but I crossed that line a bit with Black Adam. An Apokolyps group shot could be pretty cool though regardless of allegiances.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear

anyone know why Miriacle and Barda haven't had any kids yet?

The Yosemite Bear

damn I just found out that the new gods are all dead.

Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Last edited by Havok on 2008-11-03 10:03pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

Still loving it.
Enigma
is a laughing fool.

Post by Enigma »

Still no Plastic Man or Offspring. :)
ASVS('97)/SDN('03)

"Whilst human alchemists refer to the combustion triangle, some of their orcish counterparts see it as more of a hexagon: heat, fuel, air, laughter, screaming, fun." Dawn of the Dragons

ASSCRAVATS!
Phantasee
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.

Post by Phantasee »

Second image, girl with the sparkly (starry?) dress: her tits look like they're joined together in some freakish way. There's too much cleavage shadow, making the cleavage too deep for them to be ending up like that.
XXXI
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

So I just want to know. In the second GLC pic from the OP, the female Lantern just behind John Stewart...how does that costume work anyway? :wtf:

And who is she?

EDIT: And also, that is the best drawn Barbara Gordon I think I've ever seen. The comics rarely seem to do her justice.
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
JME2
Emperor's Hand

Post by JME2 »

RogueIce wrote:So I just want to know. In the second GLC pic from the OP, the female Lantern just behind John Stewart...how does that costume work anyway? :wtf:

And who is she?
Arisia.
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Phant
I like big titties so shut up. :D

RogueIce
C'mon man, she is a Green Lantern. It works by sheer willpower. :wink:

As for Oracle...
Last edited by Havok on 2008-11-03 06:59am, edited 1 time in total.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
Darth Yoshi
Metroid

Post by Darth Yoshi »

The hell's up with Oracle's shirt? I mean, I like cleavage as much as the next guy, but it looks like she took some scissors to that shirt for the sole purpose of showing off her tits.

Also, maybe it's just me, but the way Batman's standing makes his cape look off center.
Fragment of the Lord of Nightmares, release thy heavenly retribution. Blade of cold, black nothingness: become my power, become my body. Together, let us walk the path of destruction and smash even the souls of the Gods! RAGNA BLADE!
Lore Monkey | the Pichu-master™
Secularism—since AD 80
Av: Elika; Prince of Persia
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Darth Yoshi wrote:The hell's up with Oracle's shirt? I mean, I like cleavage as much as the next guy, but it looks like she took some scissors to that shirt for the sole purpose of showing off her tits.
So? See my previous comment to Phant. If you don't like it, you can always draw your own version with an untorn shirt.
Also, maybe it's just me, but the way Batman's standing makes his cape look off center.
I think it might just be you.

Edit: Yeah, his cape is fine. His head is a little off center though. :lol: I'll have to see if I can fix that somehow.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
The Yosemite Bear

So is this before or after nightwing popped the question?

which reminds me how many of his ex's are in Birds of Prey now?