The Lonestar Navy/HAB/Leave pic thread. Pic Heavy

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:
RogueIce wrote: Bastard, I said it was the Nimitz first. What is it with you and giving credit to the people who repeat me?
He's just treating you like a JO a little bit early. Just think how far ahead of your classmates you'll be experience wise and it's all because of Lonestar. :D
Yes, but he's a...CTM. So the real question is, is this the sort of experience I'd actually want? :?
"How can I wait unknowing?
This is the price of war,
We rise with noble intentions,
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

"On and on, through the years,
The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

You know, we're one of the smartest rates in the navy.

By extension, we're one of the most fucking insane.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:You know, we're one of the smartest rates in the navy.

By extension, we're one of the most fucking insane.
Only when you can be motivated to get out of your racks. Which seems to include women, or at least the promise of women, to make it happen. But then you want to go right back to your racks with or without the aforementioned motivation with you. So it's really a lose-lose proposition.
And we risk all that is pure..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, Forever (Rome: Total War)

The war continues on..." - Angela & Jeff van Dyck, We Are All One (Medieval 2: Total War)
"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear." - Ambrose Redmoon
"You either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." - Harvey Dent, The Dark Knight
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Here's something I'm betting that Lonestar will get to do sooner or later if he hasn't done it already. :twisted:

Refueling
USS Philipine Sea (CG-58 ) receiving fuel from USS Saratoga (CV-60) on the way to Gulf War I

Got to love that underway refueling. :twisted:

Note: RogueIce -- you would get to be one of they guys standing on the helo pad watching...ahem excuse me....I meant supervising Lonestar's efforts. :D
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

The HAB's clubhouse, circa1770.

Dinner is late. There will be Hell to pay.

The title of this piece is "Lonestar fools around with digital image suite"

DDG 65 gets underway.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Tsyroc wrote:Here's something I'm betting that Lonestar will get to do sooner or later if he hasn't done it already. :twisted:

Refueling
USS Philipine Sea (CG-58 ) receiving fuel from USS Saratoga (CV-60) on the way to Gulf War I

Got to love that underway refueling. :twisted:

Note: RogueIce -- you would get to be one of they guys standing on the helo pad watching...ahem excuse me....I meant supervising Lonestar's efforts. :D
Been there, done that....they didn't give me a t-shirt.... :cry:
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

This pic is for Bean and Lonestar.

What it Looked Like in 1991
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Re: The Lonestar Navy/HAB/Leave pic thread. Pic Heavy

Post by Tsyroc »

Lonestar wrote:Finally, you get to see some of what I have to do on a regular basis.
Can anyone help identify this antenna? (Don't help them, Tysroc)
No one appears to be taking a guess. So maybe these will help.

Don't be distracted by the sillohette of the ship with the funky ski jump in the background :)

I think I was actually trying to get a shot of a Soviet Udaloy class ship but only ended up with this rear antenna shot and a speck. :cry:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:Note: RogueIce -- you would get to be one of they guys standing on the helo pad watching...ahem excuse me....I meant supervising Lonestar's efforts. :D
It is our solemn duty to pay attention to the big picture and not get too involved in the details.

Which means, in the event of line snapback, we are less likely to get chopped in half. And will still be able to coordinate the DC efforts and care of the wounded.

So far, you haven't convinced me why this would be a bad thing... :P :wink:

Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Tsyroc wrote:This pic is for Bean and Lonestar.

Is that Tradewinds (or whatever it's called) on the left? It looks different from what I remember....

But otherwise, it looks pretty much the same.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Lonestar wrote:
Tsyroc wrote:This pic is for Bean and Lonestar.

Is that Tradewinds (or whatever it's called) on the left? It looks different from what I remember....

But otherwise, it looks pretty much the same.
Looks like it says Crosswinds.

And if that's supposed to be the Navy Crypto school itself, and not just some place offbase...I'm underwhelmed. I somehow expected more...

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: Looks like it says Crosswinds.

And if that's supposed to be the Navy Crypto school itself, and not just some place offbase...I'm underwhelmed. I somehow expected more...
That's on base. The crypto geek schools are on the right hand side. The schools that Bean, Lonestar and I went to are at the end of the street and can't really be seen.
By the pricking of my thumb,
Something wicked this way comes.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:
RogueIce wrote: Looks like it says Crosswinds.

That's on base. The crypto geek schools are on the right hand side. The schools that Bean, Lonestar and I went to are at the end of the street and can't really be seen.
What the Hell were you photographing over? Two beige Volks bugs?

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: What the Hell were you photographing over? Two beige Volks bugs?
Actually, that's my pickup. The topper was color matched to the rest of the truck. It doesn't really match anymore due to fadeing but back then it was close to the same color.
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:
RogueIce wrote: What the Hell were you photographing over? Two beige Volks bugs?
Actually, that's my pickup. The topper was color matched to the rest of the truck. It doesn't really match anymore due to fadeing but back then it was close to the same color.
I see... Apparently in your early years it didn't occur to you to, I don't know, walk to the other side?

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: I see... Apparently in your early years it didn't occur to you to, I don't know, walk to the other side?
Actually, what occured to me was that I was on a base that had far too many tight assed uptight CTs of the non "M" variety and that one of them would probably object (for some dumbass "security" reason) to me taking a picture. Which is why I took it quickly over the top of my truck when I got out of the cab. :twisted:
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:
RogueIce wrote: I see... Apparently in your early years it didn't occur to you to, I don't know, walk to the other side?
Actually, what occured to me was that I was on a base that had far too many tight assed uptight CTs of the non "M" variety and that one of them would probably object (for some dumbass "security" reason) to me taking a picture. Which is why I took it quickly over the top of my truck when I got out of the cab. :twisted:
Shoulda held the camera up higher. :)

And what's the security problem again? Seeing what the school looks like? Oh heavens forbid! Though I guess the what, 70s? ( :twisted: ) were a different time than now...

:D

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: Shoulda held the camera up higher. :)
Once again, trying not to be too obvious about it.
RogueIce wrote:And what's the security problem again? Seeing what the school looks like? Oh heavens forbid! Though I guess the what, 70s? ( :twisted: ) were a different time than now...
That's the whole point actually. It's no big deal and certainly nothing you can't see from the gate but Crypto Geeks can be really bizare about "security" especially on a training command. :wink:
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

Ah yes, Corry High.

Had a co-worker who just came back from a 3-month "C" school there.

They gave him a C-bag inspection upon check-in at Corry. :roll:
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

Lonestar wrote:Ah yes, Corry High.

Had a co-worker who just came back from a 3-month "C" school there.

They gave him a C-bag inspection upon check-in at Corry. :roll:
I'm sure he took his entire sea bag with him for a 3 month school. :roll: You know, I don't think that I had a sea bag inspection either time I was at Corry.

Corry always loves to fuck with the fleet returnees, even those who really are TAD to school and not at school waiting to go to different command.

When I was there last (the time the picture is from) a couple of guys were forced to remove their ship's patches from their uniforms even though they were only their TAD. They filed a grievance and were rembursed for the cost of getting the patches sewn back on. :)

Luckilly the last time I was there I didn't have to deal with the asshole CT's much when I was there. Mainly it was just boot CTMs, a few CTM instructors, one ET and a bunch of EWs.

The worst we had was one EW1 who thought everyone needed to have rank insignias on their NTTC CORRY STATION ballcaps. He wouldn't give up on it so I just wore my white hat instead. :finger: :D
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:
RogueIce wrote: Shoulda held the camera up higher. :)
Once again, trying not to be too obvious about it.
RogueIce wrote:And what's the security problem again? Seeing what the school looks like? Oh heavens forbid! Though I guess the what, 70s? ( :twisted: ) were a different time than now...
That's the whole point actually. It's no big deal and certainly nothing you can't see from the gate but Crypto Geeks can be really bizare about "security" especially on a training command. :wink:
Of course, that's because you were a damn Commie spy. I mean really, could you not be any more obvious, Comrade? :D
Tsyroc wrote:The worst we had was one EW1 who thought everyone needed to have rank insignias on their NTTC CORRY STATION ballcaps. He wouldn't give up on it so I just wore my white hat instead.
What was so bad about that? Isn't it just buying one of those little clippy ones (like what Lonestar has in his sig, the pin ones) and sticking it on your hat? That seems better than walking around in a whitehat (I'd sooner die than do that :D ).

Or was it just the principal of the thing? :)

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote:Of course, that's because you were a damn Commie spy. I mean really, could you not be any more obvious, Comrade? :D
Remember that when they are doing your security clearance and they notice your associations on this board. :D
RogueIce wrote:What was so bad about that? Isn't it just buying one of those little clippy ones (like what Lonestar has in his sig, the pin ones) and sticking it on your hat? That seems better than walking around in a whitehat (I'd sooner die than do that :D ).

Or was it just the principal of the thing? :)
It was sort of a principle thing. I actually don't mind having the pin in those ugly Corry hats but this guy was insisting on them. He said that without a pin we were all "impersonating a seaman". Which is why I wore the white hat. There's no rank insignia on it but somehow I wasn't impersonating a seaman when wearing it. So basically it was just me being pissy and finding a legitamit way of not complying. :)
Open, locks,
Whoever knocks.
RogueIce
_______

Post by RogueIce »

Tsyroc wrote:Remember that when they are doing your security clearance and they notice your associations on this board. :D

Fuck. :(
Tsyroc wrote:It was sort of a principle thing. I actually don't mind having the pin in those ugly Corry hats but this guy was insisting on them. He said that without a pin we were all "impersonating a seaman". Which is why I wore the white hat. There's no rank insignia on it but somehow I wasn't impersonating a seaman when wearing it. So basically it was just me being pissy and finding a legitamit way of not complying. :)
They have a word for people like you. Well, several words, depending on who you are. Anywhere from "Hero" to "Fucking Asshole Uppity Sailor" and points in between.

I think "Sea Lawyer" also fits in there, if I'm remembering some old sea stories right.

Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

RogueIce wrote: I think "Sea Lawyer" also fits in there, if I'm remembering some old sea stories right.
Sea Lawyers are usually the guys who have advice on rules and everything UCMJ related. Not that they ever studied anything but they've "heard" a lot. Still they are more than willing to give out plenty of advice and ecourage people to fight "the man".

Sometimes they can point you in the right direction but double check their information with a real source before sticking your neck out based on anything that they say. A lot of Sea Lawyers are just talking shit, and following that kind of advice can get you in trouble. :)
Lonestar
Keeper of the Schwartz

Post by Lonestar »

RogueIce wrote:
Fuck. :(

:lol: