What programs do you use to produce your art?

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

lPeregrine
Jedi Knight

Post by lPeregrine »

haas mark wrote:
GrandMasterTerwynn wrote:Sure, one of these days, I'll upgrade, but PSP 5 does everything that I need it to do, so I'm presently unconvinced on the need to upgrade to PSP 9.

Which leads to a question: How is 9 'loads better' than 5?
Well, for someone like me who does a lot of intensive things to image, it just has a lot more options and filters and things to use. One of the BIGGEST things about it that I was happy to come across in the switch from 7 to 9 was the 'One Step Photo Fix' option. Usually it makes photos that are not contrasted enough look so much better. And the colour balance options are a lot more sensitive, but also a lot easier to do to get just the right effect.
What does 9 add compared to 8? I mainly use it for texturing 3d models, and the occasional image resize/contrast fix. I tried 8 for a bit, but the load time was just insane compared to the near-instant loading of 7. Do the later versions really add that much compared to 7 to be worth it?
Grandmaster Jogurt
Jedi Council Member

Post by Grandmaster Jogurt »

I use MSPaint for just about everything. Irfanview I use for compression and resizing. I also have a copy of Adobe Photoshop that my parents bought a long time ago... I've transfered it to my new computer twice that I can remember. I almost never use it though, since most of my drawings are very low-res stuff.