Motivational Posters

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Mr. Coffee
is an asshole.
Location: And banging your mom is half the battle... G.I. Joe!

Post by Mr. Coffee »

Thanas wrote:^What is MMA?
Mixed Martial Arts. Like UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship, iirc) in the US or Pride in Japan. Instead of like Boxing or more conventional martial arts tournaments where everyone uses a single set style of fighting, MMA fighters use a mash up of Judo, Boxing, Kickboxing, and the fights can get fairly brutal.

Fun stuff to watch.
Goddammit, now I'm forced to say in public that I agree with Mr. Coffee. - Mike Wong
I never would have thought I would wholeheartedly agree with Coffee... - fgalkin x2
Honestly, this board is so fucking stupid at times. - Thanas
GALE ForceCarwash: Oh, I'll wax that shit, bitch...
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

flexing

This was a total WTF moment for me when I saw the movie.

Last edited by Schuyler Colfax on 2008-08-24 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get some
Darth Ruinus
Jedi Master

Post by Darth Ruinus »

I'm pretty sure the last one has already been done.
"I don't believe in man made global warming because God promised to never again destroy the earth with water. He sent the rainbow as a sign."
- Sean Hannity Forums user Avi

"And BTW the concept of carbon based life is only a hypothesis based on the abiogensis theory, and there is no clear evidence for it."
-Mazen707 informing me about the facts on carbon-based life.
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

I did it, but it got snipped with Omega's asshattery.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
TheFeniX
Sith Marauder

Post by TheFeniX »

I used to work with this guy Dave and at one point in time he was given the admin password for our internal network. It used to be just me and one other tech who had the password. So, he sauntered into my cubical one day running his mouth about how he was now just as much a network admin as I was and basically just.. well, being Dave.

So, I created a GP object that set his background to this (most of it's an inside joke) and locked out his Display Properties. Took him 3 days to figure out what I had done. Guess he wasn't as much of a badass as he thought. Maybe the "davesucks" GPO was too well hidden for him.

Anyone who spent 5 minutes playing JA online or reading lucasforums JA forum should get these.

Some TF2 related shenanigans.

I've been there.
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

And for anyone who's done industrial design:

"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Thag, please tell me that's shopped.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Argosh
Jedi Knight

Post by Argosh »

--
Don't make me use uppercase...
Thag
Jedi Knight

Post by Thag »

Alan Bolte wrote:Thag, please tell me that's shopped.
I don't think so. One of the project managers sent this one around, and the only other thing in the message was a note saying, "Relax, it's not one of ours."
"And the sign said, 'Anybody caught tresspassing, will be shot on sight.' So I jumped over the fence and yelled at the house, 'Hey! What -'" BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM*BAM
Schuyler Colfax
Jedi Master

Post by Schuyler Colfax »

Last edited by Schuyler Colfax on 2008-08-24 12:34pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get some
Tsyroc
Emperor's Hand

Post by Tsyroc »

I've definitely seen that one in action, mostly in high school though.

:lol:
Havok
Miscreant

Post by Havok »

Awww. :( Envy. She is so about to pull out a pump and splatter makeup and panties all over that mirror. :lol:
It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Hit it.
Blank Yellow (NSFW)
"Mostly Harmless Nutcase"
Zablorg
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zablorg »

Gentlemen, I present you a motivational poster of my own suffering. Because clumsiness is funny.

Last edited by Zablorg on 2008-03-23 06:56am, edited 2 times in total.
Jupiter Oak Evolution!
Crazedwraith
Emperor's Hand

Post by Crazedwraith »

Methinks, you meant to hit edit rather than Quote Zablorg. Still how did that happen? Was someone else trying to stab and apple and got your hand? Or were you trying to and some how slashed yourself?
wjs7744
Padawan Learner

Post by wjs7744 »

I'm guessing you're left-handed, because otherwise how the hell do you manage to stab the hand holding the knife?
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

wjs7744 wrote:I'm guessing you're left-handed, because otherwise how the hell do you manage to stab the hand holding the knife?

Like politics everythings better towards the left.
LadyTevar
White Mage
White Mage

Post by LadyTevar »

Gullible Jones wrote:Image
I HAD THAT POSTER AS A TEEN!!!!
Nitram, slightly high on cough syrup: Do you know you're beautiful?
Me: Nope, that's why I have you around to tell me.
Nitram: You -are- beautiful. Anyone tries to tell you otherwise kill them.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy, last Tweet
Red Star
Padawan Learner

Post by Red Star »

Thag wrote:
Alan Bolte wrote:Thag, please tell me that's shopped.
I don't think so. One of the project managers sent this one around, and the only other thing in the message was a note saying, "Relax, it's not one of ours."
Nope thats not shopped its a core drill, I seen them done a lot in commercial construction. We used them to make holes for pipes, and even used it to break a concrete pad off that was suspended five feet above ground.
I become death, destroyer of worlds.

Rule 37: "There is no 'Overkill.' There is only 'Open Fire' and 'I Need to Reload.'"
Schlock Mercenary
Bladed_Crescent
Jedi Knight

Post by Bladed_Crescent »

Sugar, snips, spice and screams: What are little girls made of, made of? What are little boys made of, made of?

"...even posthuman tattooed pigmentless sexy killing machines can be vulnerable and need cuddling." - Shroom Man 777
Zed Snardbody
Jedi Council Member

Post by Zed Snardbody »

The Zen of Not Fucking Up.
Shroom Man 777
FUCKING DICK-STABBER!

Post by Shroom Man 777 »

Oh my god.
Image "DO YOU WORSHIP HOMOSEXUALS?" - Curtis Saxton (source)
shroom is a lovely boy and i wont hear a bad word against him - LUSY-CHAN!
Shit! Man, I didn't think of that! It took Shroom to properly interpret the screams of dying people :D - PeZook
Shroom, I read out the stuff you write about us. You are an endless supply of morale down here. :p - an OWS street medic
Pink Sugar Heart Attack!
[R_H]
Sith Devotee

Post by [R_H] »

Bladed_Crescent wrote:
snip Soviets in Space etc.
Is there a back story to that artwork, fanfics, anything of that nature?

Thanks
Bladed_Crescent
Jedi Knight

Post by Bladed_Crescent »

Yeah, a pretty extensive history. Unfortunately, the website with it is down and has been for some time, but you can find most of the creator's images (and some miscellanous pics) here. There's a few others that I have that aren't in that gallery, but I don't want to hijack this thread. If there's interest, I'll put 'em up in a new one.

Anyways, I'll try to quickly summarize the backstory, but it's been a couple years since I read it, so it's pretty rough.

The Soviet Union never fell in this timeline, but the Allies were growing in power - sooner or later they'd overrun Russia. Both sides had an extensive space program - the Allies more or less owned Earth, the moon and the inner planets, but the Soviet forces managed to establish a colony on Mars, terraforming the Red Planet to be habitable to human life.

On Earth, the situation grew steadily worse for the Soviet Union and they were forced off the planet, falling back to Mars. There's an open state of war between the two powers now; the Soviets basically control the entire outer star system (and have at least one vessel capable of FTL travel - it's implied that other ships can, but this is the only one where the ability is explicity stated), while the Allies have everything sunward of Earth, which is protected by a power planetary defence shield. Allied vessels are smaller and fewer in number, but are more technologically advanced and individually capable than their counterparts in Soviet fleet.

However, the Soviets aren't without advances of their own - i.e they don't have shielding technology, but they developed energy weapons capable of cutting through Allied shields. With more resources at their disposal, the Soviets have been grinding away at the Allies for decades - eventually only Earth is left behind its shield, with but a pair of carrier groups for protection.

And that's where the story ends.
Sugar, snips, spice and screams: What are little girls made of, made of? What are little boys made of, made of?

"...even posthuman tattooed pigmentless sexy killing machines can be vulnerable and need cuddling." - Shroom Man 777
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

hope it works, i had a higher res image but it didn't seem to work with the creator.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Fingolfin_Noldor
Emperor's Hand

Post by Fingolfin_Noldor »

Bladed_Crescent wrote:
Yeah, a pretty extensive history. Unfortunately, the website with it is down and has been for some time, but you can find most of the creator's images (and some miscellanous pics) here. There's a few others that I have that aren't in that gallery, but I don't want to hijack this thread. If there's interest, I'll put 'em up in a new one.

Anyways, I'll try to quickly summarize the backstory, but it's been a couple years since I read it, so it's pretty rough.

The Soviet Union never fell in this timeline, but the Allies were growing in power - sooner or later they'd overrun Russia. Both sides had an extensive space program - the Allies more or less owned Earth, the moon and the inner planets, but the Soviet forces managed to establish a colony on Mars, terraforming the Red Planet to be habitable to human life.

On Earth, the situation grew steadily worse for the Soviet Union and they were forced off the planet, falling back to Mars. There's an open state of war between the two powers now; the Soviets basically control the entire outer star system (and have at least one vessel capable of FTL travel - it's implied that other ships can, but this is the only one where the ability is explicity stated), while the Allies have everything sunward of Earth, which is protected by a power planetary defence shield. Allied vessels are smaller and fewer in number, but are more technologically advanced and individually capable than their counterparts in Soviet fleet.

However, the Soviets aren't without advances of their own - i.e they don't have shielding technology, but they developed energy weapons capable of cutting through Allied shields. With more resources at their disposal, the Soviets have been grinding away at the Allies for decades - eventually only Earth is left behind its shield, with but a pair of carrier groups for protection.

And that's where the story ends.
Sounds epic. Jeez.. it's a pity that ended.

How come the KGB hasn't stolen the shield tech? Shame on them.
STGOD: Byzantine Empire
Your spirit, diseased as it is, refuses to allow you to give up, no matter what threats you face... and whatever wreckage you leave behind you.
Kreia