The Completely Unsanctioned Unofficial SW vs SG pics thread.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Spanky The Dolphin
Mammy Two-Shoes

Post by Spanky The Dolphin »

The Asgard be fucked...
I believe in a sign of Zeta.

[BOTM|WG|JL|Mecha Maniacs|Pax Cybertronia|Veteran of the Psychic Wars|Eva Expert]

"And besides, who cares if a monster destroys Australia?"
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

I'm amazed Patrick Duffy's head hasn't appeared anywhere yet.
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

^Here:
For whatever you guys may want to use it...
ImageImage

Visit my site:
------------------------------------------
http://scifiverse.tk/
Qwerty 42
Jedi Council Member

Post by Qwerty 42 »

I was actually thinking more along the lines of this

I'll try to find a better quality one.

EDIT: here's a YTMND list of things with the head in it
Image Your head is humming and it won't go, in case you don't know, the piper's calling you to join him
Rogue 9
Scrapping TIEs since 1997

Post by Rogue 9 »

Some pretty good shots of Stargate ships here if anyone cares to add Star Destroyers and explosions to them.
It's Rogue, not Rouge!

HAB | KotL | VRWC/ELC/CDA | TRotR | The Anti-Confederate | Sluggite | Gamer | Blogger | Staff Reporter | Student | Musician
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

I had made this other one a while back as well.
Hopefully i think is a bit better than the first one.

I think...
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Dalton
For Those About to Rock We Salute You
For Those About to Rock We Salute You

Post by Dalton »

So what program do you use? Paint?
To Absent Friends
Dalton | Admin Smash | Knight of the Order of SDN

"y = mx + bro" - Surlethe
"You try THAT shit again, kid, and I will mod you. I will
mod you so hard, you'll wish I were Dalton." - Lagmonster

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

Dalton wrote:So what program do you use? Paint?
For cut and paste jobs I use mostly either Corel Photopaint or MGI Photosuite.

Back in the old days I used PC Paintbrush which was the best drawing program ever created in my opinion. Sadly it does not work under XP :cry:
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Instant Sunrise
Jedi Knight
Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Angeles del Río de Porciúncula

Post by Instant Sunrise »

More tiny SW ships! You really need to work on the scale of your pics.

Like so.

If you are really serious about this, you need to learn to use big-boy photo programs, like Adobe Photoshop.
Hi, I'm Liz.
SoS: NBA | GALE Force
Twitter
Tumblr
The Yosemite Bear
Mostly Harmless Nutcase (Requiescat in Pace)

Post by The Yosemite Bear »

yes but to put an ISD into perspective and scale we would be left with a masive shadow covering the whole of washington, as the Acclemator decides it wants to clear the entire washington mall just to find a good landing spot....

The scariest folk song lyrics are "My Boy Grew up to be just like me" from cats in the cradle by Harry Chapin
Elheru Aran
Emperor's Hand

Post by Elheru Aran »

skyman8081 wrote:More tiny SW ships! You really need to work on the scale of your pics.

Like so.

If you are really serious about this, you need to learn to use big-boy photo programs, like Adobe Photoshop.
Hey, nice! Though for *real* effect that thing should have a few crushed cars and a big ol' cloud of dust as other cars try to swerve out of its way... a few flyin' wheels... maybe an explosion or two... :twisted:
It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

skyman8081 wrote:More tiny SW ships! You really need to work on the scale of your pics.

Like so.
[URL=http://img481.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... way5nt.jpg[/URL]
That AT-AT picture is pretty cool.

THE ISD in my pic was not supposed to llok to be right over the white house but quite a distance away which is way I made it look small in relation to it.

Elheru Aran wrote:Hey, nice! Though for *real* effect that thing should have a few crushed cars and a big ol' cloud of dust as other cars try to swerve out of its way... a few flyin' wheels... maybe an explosion or two... :twisted:
Oh indeed... :D
By the way it's my understanding that quoting pics is forbiden in this boards just a friendly reminder. Unless that rule only applies to me in that case forget about it.
ImageImage

Visit my site:
NecronLord
Harbinger of Doom
Harbinger of Doom

Post by NecronLord »

Like so.

That's actually quite good, though the AT-AT needs a shadow.
Superior Moderator - BotB - HAB [Drill Instructor]-Writer- Stardestroyer.net's resident Star-God.
"We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, argument and debate and most of all freedom of will." ~ Stargate: The Ark of Truth
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

skyman8081 wrote:If you are really serious about this, you need to learn to use big-boy photo programs, like Adobe Photoshop.
I just very, very recently obtained Adobe Photoshop :wink:
I'm in the process of learning how to use it as I've never used it before though...
ImageImage

Visit my site:
jareth1138
Youngling

Post by jareth1138 »

Sorry to say however that your picture in front of the White house is simply painful to look at. The image of the shuttle is fuzzy and out of focus compared to the white house in addition to the lack of a shadow for a landing or landed shuttle. The SD is fine for the most part.

I might be able to do better if I had the time, hehe.
Contacts Davis51 for better tips. 8)
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

about that Whitehouse pic, first like said the lamda is too out off focus compared with rest of pic, it's also at wrong angle compared to lawn and it's missing its shadow. the ISD on the other hand is too sharp to be an distant object. Also if you wanna do SG/SW vs pic you might want to put more SG in them.
I may be an idiot, but I'm a tolerated idiot
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
Oh wait, that's marijuana..."Einhander Sn0m4n
jareth1138
Youngling

Post by jareth1138 »

That is a good point. :D

So, Punkmaister... Where are the Stargate related objects?
I see the United States, without anything stargate, like ships, people or even objects. Examples are the X-302, Prometheus, Motherships, ion cannons, etc.

It would be a bit more convincing and might actually improve your standing a little bit. I am planning this weekend to perhaps create a starship graveyard scene of destroyed Imperial ships with a title "PunkMaister's Dream"

Hehehe, with MSPaint! :lol:
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

jareth1138 wrote:That is a good point. :D

So, Punkmaister... Where are the Stargate related objects?
I see the United States, without anything stargate, like ships, people or even objects. Examples are the X-302, Prometheus, Motherships, ion cannons, etc.

It would be a bit more convincing and might actually improve your standing a little bit. I am planning this weekend to perhaps create a starship graveyard scene of destroyed Imperial ships with a title "PunkMaister's Dream"

Hehehe, with MSPaint! :lol:
Your idea of the ships graveyard sound cool although probably a bit erroneous!
It would be the Prometheus and Daedalus class shipos that would be on that graveyard along with some Asgard ships etc and not ISDs. i mean let's face it there's no way any of the ships from SGverse to have even a prayer against an Aclamator or even an Imperator class destroyer.
\

As I said now that I doi have Photoshop I will be wortking to improve those pics and make more. I'm still on the learning curve for photshop for now though...
ImageImage

Visit my site:
jareth1138
Youngling

Post by jareth1138 »

The reason for the SD graveyard is because the title is called in your DREAM, for obvious reasons of course. If you hadn't noticed I was making fun of you.

Also they are called Acclamator class Star destroyers and Imperator class Star destroyers.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

PunkMaister wrote:...have even a prayer against an Aclamator or even an Imperator class destroyer.
:shock: :lol: :lol:

It's Acclamator-class Assault ship and it's more or less a glorified troop transport, VSD, VnSD and ISD on other hand are pure warships. Acclamator wouldn't stand a chance vs. a ISD

your comparasion is backwards it should be "have even a prayer against a ISD or even an Acclamator".
"I think you completely missed the point of sigs. They're supposed to be completely homegrown in the fertile hydroponics lab of your mind, dried in your closet, rolled, and smoked...
PunkMaister
Jedi Knight

Post by PunkMaister »

I made this pic using Corel Photopaint brush feature.

Does the fire and the smoke look realistic enough?
What do you think?
ImageImage

Visit my site:
Surlethe
HATES GRADING

Post by Surlethe »

PunkMaister wrote:Does the fire and the smoke look realistic enough?
No.

The smoke needs to be in larger billows, and it needs to spread out as it goes up, not thin into a cylinder. It should probably also be darker; there are going to be things other than wood burning in the White House. I also don't see any flames in that pic; you may want to consider leaving them out altogether.
A Government founded upon justice, and recognizing the equal rights of all men; claiming higher authority for existence, or sanction for its laws, that nature, reason, and the regularly ascertained will of the people; steadily refusing to put its sword and purse in the service of any religious creed or family is a standing offense to most of the Governments of the world, and to some narrow and bigoted people among ourselves.
F. Douglass
jareth1138
Youngling

Post by jareth1138 »

WTF?
Your smoke looks like clouds and your fire seems very lame.
There are no burn marks and nothing is blackened. You simply paste images on top of another.

Very Lame... :roll:
jareth1138
Youngling

Post by jareth1138 »

I did this by hand, with no classes and very little experience.
What do you think? This is a step up from my usual 2d pictures.
Lord Revan
Emperor's Hand

Post by Lord Revan »

PunkMaister wrote:I made this pic using Corel Photopaint brush feature.
[img]snip[/img]

Does the fire and the smoke look realistic enough?
What do you think?
again to more SG in them, also the smoke should be (nearly) black and spread out, also the house show marks of being burned.