Self-Portriats (my friends, this is a challenge)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

For all those having trouble accessing xBlackflashes pic here it is

"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Jawawithagun wrote:And this would be me then
Very grainy. Did you put it through a filter or something?
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I get and beat you with, until you understand whose in f***ing command here!" Jayne : Firefly
"The officers can stay in the admin building and read the latest Tom Clancy novel thinking up new OOBs based on it." Coyote

Image Image
HAB Tankspotter - like trainspotting but with the thrill of 125mm retaliation if they spot you back
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Slartibartfast wrote:I just arrived from 4 days of beach and partying.
Don't take this thewrong way, but the second of the 'artistic' pictures looks better then it's normal version. Perhaps you can research some way of Photoshoping yourself in real-life. :D

And when you do can you let me know how, as I'm spending a fortune on small cloth bags at the minute. :wink:

Image Image
Lt. Dan
Jedi Knight

Post by Lt. Dan »

Rob Wilson wrote:For all those having trouble accessing xBlackflashes pic here it is

<snip>
:shock: Damn, what a hottie!
d(-_-)b
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lt. Dan wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:For all those having trouble accessing xBlackflashes pic here it is

<snip>
:shock: Damn, what a hottie!
Why thank you, I didn't know you cared. I try to workout obviously and though I don't watch what I eat as much as I should... Oh wait you mean xBlackflash. D'oh. :P

Image Image
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

*Edit:I was trying to post a photo. But photobucket is fucking me around. I'll try later tonight.*
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Jawawithagun
Jedi Master

Post by Jawawithagun »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Jawawithagun wrote:And this would be me then
Very grainy. Did you put it through a filter or something?
Filtered it, yes
"I said two shot to the head, not three." (Anonymous wiretap, Dallas, TX, 11/25/63)

Only one way to make a ferret let go of your nose - stick a fag up its arse!

there is no god - there is no devil - there is no heaven - there is no hell
live with it
- Lazarus Long
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Cpl Kendall wrote:*Edit:I was trying to post a photo. But photobucket is fucking me around. I'll try later tonight.*
If push comes to shove I'll host it for you.

Image Image
Zac Naloen
Sith Acolyte

Post by Zac Naloen »

Is that red hair??

And how long have you been english rob? O_o
Member of the Unremarkables
Just because you're god, it doesn't mean you can treat people that way : - My girlfriend
Evil Brit Conspiracy - Insignificant guy
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Zac Naloen wrote:

Don't quote pictures, inline them.

Is that red hair??

And how long have you been english rob? O_o
32 years. I've always had N.E. Lincs - UK as my location as well. Not too observant are we? :P

Image Image
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

I think he's implying that your behavior around here hasn't been exactly that of a 'proper' englishman.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Wicked Pilot wrote:I think he's implying that your behavior around here hasn't been exactly that of a 'proper' englishman.
I should hope not, I'm a Scot. :P

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Rob Wilson wrote:
Zac Naloen wrote: And how long have you been english rob? O_o
32 years. I've always had N.E. Lincs - UK as my location as well. Not too observant are we? :P
Fuck just noticed you said English and not British (now who's not being very observant). In that case I've been down here amongst the heathens for 27 years.

Image Image
Wicked Pilot
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Wicked Pilot »

Rob Wilson wrote:I should hope not, I'm a Scot. :P
That would explain a lot, though I had you pegged as a drunk and violent Irishman.
The most basic assumption about the world is that it does not contradict itself.
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Wicked Pilot wrote:
Rob Wilson wrote:I should hope not, I'm a Scot. :P
That would explain a lot, though I had you pegged as a drunk and violent Irishman.
Irishman? Please, I have standards! :P

Image Image
Zaia
Inamorata

Post by Zaia »

GENTLEMEN. If you were offering advice on how to take better pictures, then your chatter would be welcome. HOWEVER, for what feels like the thousandth time, you are being reminded: PLEASE DO NOT CHITCHAT IN THIS THREAD. There's no absolute right to be able to post pics of oneself on this board; this thread can get locked just like the other one.
"On the infrequent occasions when I have been called upon in a formal place to play the bongo drums, the introducer never seems to find it necessary to mention that I also do theoretical physics." -Richard Feynman
Aaron
Blackpowder Man

Post by Aaron »

After much hassle, here is me.
M1891/30: A bad day on the range is better then a good day at work.
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Just some thoughts.
Hmm. Were I you, I'd take the black areas and remove all variation within them, namely those little white dots. I'm not sure about the lips, I'm tempted to say get rid of the white dots there too. Then there's the eyes... I'm not at all sure what to do here, and I'm not suggesting making the color flat, but I feel as though more could be done there, especially the on the right. That is, your left eye. Also, Could something be done about the ear? It's just hanging there in space. It'd be alright if it wasn't at an angle and lighting that made the visible part so small. As it is...meh.
Cpl K: Nice pic. To-the-point. Well-defined horizon. Great hat.

xBlackFlash: That's not a real bookshelf, is it? Well, you said it was taken in your bathroom. Weird wallpaper, then. I like the pic, but may I suggest that in the future you turn your head just a bit more toward the camera? At that angle your cheeks look kinda bony. Also, as much as I like HDS-style nonexpression, some more pics with different variations on similing would be nice. Admittedly, we have the 'shitty' pic, but I think I'm being reasonably clear. OTOH, I think that a lot and am wrong.
Lusankya wrote:http://www.geocities.com/the_lusankya/lusankya.jpg

How does this look?
Manly. Frankly, I don't understand the positive responses you got to that pic. You look like a guy in that, seriously. Specifically, this guy I know named Joe who used to be a friend but then became an alchoholic and a born-again. The hair may be long but at that particular time it's falling in a way that's very gender-neutral. You also look kind of hunched-over, this doesn't help. Honestly, I can't think of something you could have done differently for that pic that wouldn't have looked better, outside maybe shaving your head and wearing loose-fitting camo. I try to be constructive, but...damn.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Stofsk
Emperor's Hand

Post by Stofsk »

Alan Bolte wrote:*snip 'constructive' criticism*
You didn't TRY to be constructive asshole, that was pure 100% fucking insult.

So she got off work and had a photo taken of her, big fucking deal. You get off work after a long shift gorgeous, I'm sure you will look like a superfucking model. :roll:
Lusankya
ChiCom

Post by Lusankya »

That's ok. I'm used to people insulting my appearance. It doesn't hurt me.... really.

:cry:
"I would say that the above post is off-topic, except that I'm not sure what the topic of this thread is, and I don't think anybody else is sure either."
- Darth Wong
Free Durian - Last updated 27 Dec
"Why does it look like you are in China or something?" - havokeff
Rye
To Mega Therion

Post by Rye »

Noone insult me, I'm clearly a miserable fuck from these photos anyway:

Just showing off 2 xmas presents, i somehow named the images backward...

I left in some "empty" space becuse I liked the scenery.
EBC|Fucking Metal|Artist|Androgynous Sexfiend|Gozer Kvltist|
Listen to my music! http://www.soundclick.com/nihilanth
"America is, now, the most powerful and economically prosperous nation in the country." - Master of Ossus
Lord Poe
Sith Apprentice

Post by Lord Poe »

Stofsk wrote:

So she got off work and had a photo taken of her, big fucking deal. You get off work after a long shift gorgeous, I'm sure you will look like a superfucking model. :roll:
Just a little cocksucker making fun of the "no chit-chat" rule. That's all

"Brian, if I parked a supertanker in Central Park, painted it neon orange, and set it on fire, it would be less obvious than your stupidity." --RedImperator
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Rye wrote:Noone insult me, I'm clearly a miserable fuck from these photos anyway:
and one with a sword at that... even if it's a bit of a girly, prettified sword. :P

Nice coat, have I seen it in something?

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Stofsk wrote:

What the fucks he on about anyway. The only pics of Lusyanka I remember are the dress ones and she's very definitely female in those.

Image Image
Rob Wilson
Sith Apprentice

Post by Rob Wilson »

Lusankya wrote:That's ok. I'm used to people insulting my appearance.
Hey. less of that. If he's being a dickhead then tell him he is. It's never alright when someone insults you.

Image Image