Pick's Art Thread 6 - Animal Sketches (pg9)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Wow, Hoquer really looks quite awesome in a pure anime style. Of course, he probably would in any medium (it must be the marks under his eyes). :wink:

And I really like the imposing of white on such a dark background in the surreal piece; gives it a lot of effect.
The Rift
Stanislav Petrov- The man who saved the world
Hugh Thompson Jr.- A True American Hero
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Darth Raptor wrote:You just did the impossible and made lighthouses even more creepy. :shock:
I'm so totally glad I'm not that little man... .

Also, thanks Ace and Ire!

Here's the event file, for those who took me up on such things last time :P
Click Here.
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

"when you betray the sea"
Ho. Lee. Shee. It. :shock:
JADAFETWA
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everybody! :luv:

---

Hey, it's some kind of summer when you can feel your maturity level decreasing... .

Well! Anyway! With the Board reluctant to act, and the war apparently at a serious lull, how does Zixer spend his day?

Well, maybe next time... .
"The rest of the poem plays upon that pun. On the contrary, says Catullus, although my verses are soft (molliculi ac parum pudici in line 8, reversing the play on words), they can arouse even limp old men. Should Furius and Aurelius have any remaining doubts about Catullus' virility, he offers to fuck them anally and orally to prove otherwise." - Catullus 16, Wikipedia
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

:lol: @ the plan. :lol: :lol:

SOOOOOPAH KYOOOT. (Oh and Hoquer's expression is perfect in the "after" picture)

But not as Cute as Chibi Hyral would be. :P
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Oh my god I can't stop laughing.
JADAFETWA
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

:lol:

Zixer makes a suprisingly good comic character (of course, the especially uptight ones always do). :)

Speaking of which, have you done a full-body color pic of him yet (aside from the DC "movie poster")? I don't remember any.
The Rift
"In the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope." - President Barack Obama
"May fortune favor you, for your goals are the goals of the world." - Ancient Chall valediction
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Kuja wrote:Oh my god I can't stop laughing.
Then don't! :wink:
Noble Ire wrote:Speaking of which, have you done a full-body color pic of him yet (aside from the DC "movie poster")? I don't remember any.
Yup, one with him next to a waterfall. I need to redesign his hands and feet though, due to unforseen circumstances.

Glad you guys enjoy the stupid humor 8)!
Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:
Kuja wrote:Oh my god I can't stop laughing.
Then don't! :wink:
*continues laughing*
JADAFETWA
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Noble Ire wrote:Zixer makes a suprisingly good comic character (of course, the especially uptight ones always do). :)
For me, it's the scarf. He can't be bothered to wear anything beyond short pants, but he needs a scarf. :lol:
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

*SOB* HE DOESN'T NEED IT FOR WARMTH HE JUST WANTS TO BE FASHIONABLE!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

... though he wears capris. What the fuck.
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

I feel really sorry for Selia sometimes.

Another pointless OOC thing with no connection to the story at all :).
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Post by Darth Raptor »

Something tells me you need a drink. :P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

As a girl of a mere seventeen years, I certainly don't know what you're talking about because it's impossible that, I, of all people, have had any experience with that devil-water you call alcohol :angelic:.
Ford Prefect
Emperor's Hand

Post by Ford Prefect »

Ah, Dark Councillors comedy. Classic.
What is Project Zohar?

Here's to a certain mostly harmless nutcase.
Ace Pace
Hardware Lover

Post by Ace Pace »

Those are amazing pick, right out of a movie.

But we need more Chibi pics.

Chibi!
Brotherhood of the Bear | HAB | Mess | SDnet archivist |
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Aaarghl, but chibis go against all of my glaring artistic inaccuracies (mmm, permanently elongated proportions, yay!)! :wink:

High-degree foreshortening study sketch, n00d
Lord Zentei
Space Elf Psyker
Location: Ulthwé Craftworld, plotting the downfall of the Imperium.

Post by Lord Zentei »

Pick wrote:Aaarghl, but chibis go against all of my glaring artistic inaccuracies (mmm, permanently elongated proportions, yay!)! :wink:

Rawwr. :luv:
CotK <mew> | HAB | JL | MM | TTC | Cybertron

TAX THE CHURCHES! - Lord Zentei TTC Supreme Grand Prophet

And the LORD said, Let there be Bosons! Yea and let there be Bosoms too!
I'd rather be the great great grandson of a demon ninja than some jackass who grew potatos. -- Covenant
Dead cows don't fart. -- CJvR
...and I like strudel! :mrgreen: -- Asuka
Redleader34
Jedi Knight
Location: Flowing through the Animated Ether, finding unsusual creations

Post by Redleader34 »

Hot baby! Yeah :luv:
Dan's Art

Bounty on SDN's most annoying
"A spambot, a spambot who can't spell, a spambot who can't spell or spam properly and a spambot with tenure. Tough"choice."

Kuja
The Dark Messenger

Post by Kuja »

Pick wrote:...

I feel really sorry for Selia sometimes.

Another pointless OOC thing with no connection to the story at all :).
Basal Key Imatra...the kind of guy who pours a glass of wine and then chugs the bottle. :lol:
JADAFETWA
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Pick wrote:Aaarghl, but chibis go against all of my glaring artistic inaccuracies (mmm, permanently elongated proportions, yay!)! :wink:

That's okay, I'll accept Nude Hyral as a valid substitute for Chibi Hyral. :wink:

:P
Pick
Sith Marauder

Post by Pick »

Thanks everyone!
Kuja wrote:Basal Key Imatra...the kind of guy who pours a glass of wine and then chugs the bottle. :lol:
Well, he could use it :P.
MRDOD wrote:That's okay, I'll accept Nude Hyral as a valid substitute for Chibi Hyral. :wink:

Really? That works. Never hurts to brush up on anatomy.

Any other characters people want tasteful nudes of?
Noble Ire
The Arbiter

Post by Noble Ire »

Any other characters people want tasteful nudes of?
I am rather curious as to what Verdigris actually looks like at this particular point in the story, considering that she's nearing a terminal state of trait development. One of her would be nice.
The Rift
Duckie
Sith Marauder

Post by Duckie »

Oh noes, Chatlog Of Doom! (Grudging Permission Obtained, btw)
Doom Rubber Duck (7:09:25 PM): I'm kind of excited that Pick took my half-serious request (although I knew it would be)
Doom Rubber Duck (7:09:34 PM): I've never had pr0n drawn personally for me before
[Author's Note: Obviously I'm Being Joking/Sarcastic Here, :P is my mark for that if you've ever talked to me]
Doom Rubber Duck (7:09:35 PM): :P
Adrian Laguna (7:10:06 PM): That's hardly pr0n
Doom Rubber Duck (7:10:09 PM): I know that
Adrian Laguna (7:10:14 PM): She has small boobs
Doom Rubber Duck (7:10:17 PM): So?
Adrian Laguna (7:10:30 PM): They are drawn in a squarish manner.
Doom Rubber Duck (7:10:34 PM): Really?
Doom Rubber Duck (7:10:36 PM): *checks*
Adrian Laguna (7:10:40 PM): I don't mind small boobs, but they should be like, round.
Doom Rubber Duck (7:11:15 PM): I don't think there's been a Hyral picture that's full body except a very old sketch
Author's Note: I'm really confused here, my random factoid evidences this, as I have no idea what he's talking about
Adrian Laguna (7:11:36 PM): I mean shit, the chest kind of looks like a man's
Doom Rubber Duck (7:11:49 PM): Where are you getting this from?
Adrian Laguna (7:11:57 PM): http://www.darkcouncilors.com/M/teza.jpg
Adrian Laguna (7:11:59 PM): Squares
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:03 PM): Dude
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:05 PM): That's Edge
Adrian Laguna (7:12:09 PM): Oh
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:12 PM): Ahahahahahahahahaha

Adrian Laguna (7:12:14 PM): See, that's the problem.
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:15 PM): Oh god
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:17 PM): You're getting posted
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:22 PM): I'm totally posting this
Adrian Laguna (7:12:24 PM): Am not
Adrian Laguna (7:12:29 PM): I hate you
Adrian Laguna (7:12:37 PM): He does have nice legs.
Doom Rubber Duck (7:12:44 PM): Lol, okay, I'm totally going to cut off right there
So, I guess

NEWSFLASH: Edge Is A Bish!
Last edited by Duckie on 2006-06-21 08:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

Well, he does have nice legs! And they are prominently in the front! I kind-of looked at the chest, went "that's weird" and then directed my attention elsewhere.

MRDOD: There are these things called tenses, the future tense is what tells people that something has not happened yet. Go back to school and learn how to use it. Lest you cause my death from embarrasment.

Last edited by Adrian Laguna on 2006-06-21 08:46pm, edited 1 time in total.