SD.net Brazilian Fleet Review (56k beware)

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Macunaima
Padawan Learner

SD.net Brazilian Fleet Review (56k beware)

Post by Macunaima »

A recent cruise ship trip that I took gave me the opportunity to arrive on Rio de Janeiro by sea, and also an opportunity to take photos of some of the ships in the Brazilian Navy, which I now can share with other naval enthusiasts here on SD.net. I've resize the pics to about 800 pixels wide to better fit and do not fuck up with the board layout.

The corvette Inhaúma, first of its class.

The other 3 ships of the same class, side by side. They are local built here in Brazil.

A general view of the port.

The aircraft carrier São Paulo (formerly the French Foch).

A single SH-3 on the deck. The A-4KU are kept on São Pedro da Aldeia Naval Air Station, east of Rio.

Two Niterói class frigates, with the Constituição on front. They're UK Type 21 frigates.

Greenhalgh, one of the Type 22 frigates that Brazil bought from the Royal Navy in the 90's (she was the HMS Broadsword).

Another view of the Greenhalgh.

The Newport class LST Mattoso Maia (formely USS Cayuga), and the supply ship Atlântico Sul.

An local built IKL-209 model SS, Tamoio, docked on the north side of the port.

And that's pretty much it, hope you guys enjoyed the pics. A modest fleet that could use a much overdue upgrade, but we're proud of it, nevertheless.
Master of Cards
Jedi Master

Post by Master of Cards »

Nice Task Force you have there. Where's the other ships? :D
Feil
Jedi Council Member

Post by Feil »

Oh, don't be mean. We're proud of our civil rights here in the USA, and we don't have many of those; they can be proud of their navy if they want to be. :P

Pretty nice pictures. Pity it wasn't a nicer day for photography.

EDIT: that's a pretty odd-looking corvette. Is it supposed to be coastal only? Looks too top-heavy from my (completely uninformed) viewpoint.