Rocket soldier sketchy.

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Rocket soldier sketchy.

Post by TheMuffinKing »

A RPG equipped infantryman.

SyntaxVorlon
Sith Acolyte

Post by SyntaxVorlon »

Nothing like two chunks of explosive at the base of my neck to make me feel ready for combat.

Sorry for the sarcasm but it's a bit ridiculous to have soldiers carry ordinance in the open near a vital area. If his position is nearly shelled -> instagib.

He'd be better off carrying the RPGs in some sort of satchel pack that can be put in the ground and secured in such a way as to reduce the chance of his death in the event of their accidental detonation.
WE, however, do meddle in the affairs of others.
What part of [ Image,Image, N(Image) ] don't you understand?
Skeptical Armada Cynic: ROU Aggressive Logic
SDN Ranger: Skeptical Ambassador
EOD
Mr Golgotha, Ms Scheck, we're running low on skin. I suggest you harvest another lesbian!
TheMuffinKing
Jedi Council Member

Post by TheMuffinKing »

SyntaxVorlon wrote:Nothing like two chunks of explosive at the base of my neck to make me feel ready for combat.

Sorry for the sarcasm but it's a bit ridiculous to have soldiers carry ordinance in the open near a vital area. If his position is nearly shelled -> instagib.

He'd be better off carrying the RPGs in some sort of satchel pack that can be put in the ground and secured in such a way as to reduce the chance of his death in the event of their accidental detonation.

I'm pretty sure RPG's are safe enough to be carried as shown, all things considering. Anything that would cause those to detonate would probably outright kill the soldier and others nearby anyway, the warheads should be pretty safe until armed too. Consider also, that with this weapon a shoot and scoot approach is probably best, and an open carrier such as this allows for rapid reloading while ensuring mobility in most open conditions.

I agree with you, even though I posted an opposing view, mainly because the army this soldier represents considers its vast number of soldiers an expendable item.