Presidential Debate 2008

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Publius
Jedi Council Member

Presidential Debate 2008

Post by Publius »

You Decide 2008!

The split screen format is necessary because otherwise the Autobot/G.I. Joe candidate dwarfs the Cobra/Decepticon candidate. Vice Presidential candidates (not seen here) are Megatron and Duke (1SG Conrad S. Hauser).

Interestingly enough, a large number of people have instinctively identified Optimus Prime as the Republican candidate, without being able to explain why (one suspects it may have to do with the fact that they know his paint scheme is red, while the Cobra Commander wears a dark blue uniform).
God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world
Medic
Sith Devotee

Post by Medic »

Interestingly enough, a large number of people have instinctively identified Optimus Prime as the Republican candidate, without being able to explain why (one suspects it may have to do with the fact that they know his paint scheme is red, while the Cobra Commander wears a dark blue uniform).
Masculinity cult. Oh, and doing the right thing? Only your party does that of course.

But uh, WHO are these people that instinctively seek to project American norms onto that pic? Yeah you put the Fox Noise logo there but, uh, an openly terroristic organization equates to "get us out of Iraq" Democrats. RRIIIIIIIGGGHHHT.

Really I can see Optimus Prime going either way (if for no other reason than there IS a broad-shouldered Republican: the governator :lol:) but Duke being a Democrat is laughable. Yes, clarity of goals and lockstep support, that perfectly describes Democrats.

Another awesome picture though. :D
Ritterin Sophia
Sith Acolyte

Post by Ritterin Sophia »

I can't help but feel that those two are both propably going to be more suitable as president than any of the acutal candidates...
A Certain Clique, HAB, The Chroniclers
Adrian Laguna
Sith Marauder

Post by Adrian Laguna »

I'm voting for Cobra Commander. Unless GI Joe switches sides, the Jihadists are fucked. :twisted:
CaptainChewbacca
Browncoat Wookiee

Post by CaptainChewbacca »

Odd that we would elect the LEADER of an international terrorist organization to the Presidency.
Stuart: The only problem is, I'm losing track of which universe I'm in.
You kinda look like Jesus. With a lightsaber.- Peregrin Toker
ImageImage
Darth Raptor
Red Mage

Re: Presidential Debate 2008

Post by Darth Raptor »

Publius wrote:Interestingly enough, a large number of people have instinctively identified Optimus Prime as the Republican candidate, without being able to explain why (one suspects it may have to do with the fact that they know his paint scheme is red, while the Cobra Commander wears a dark blue uniform).
It's because he's a big truck, and not very keen on the idea of replacing the US highway system with electric railroads. :P

Cobra Commander and Megatron (a terrorist and a GUN- not Democrats) are the nominees from a splinter faction of the GOP; one that took the fanatics and corporatists with them (this is why they're a credible threat). The RNC is left with the libertarians and neocons.

The Dems just gave up and disbanded with the appearence of cartoon characters.