Hiking in Northern Israel [56k warning]

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Hiking in Northern Israel [56k warning]

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

Well, here's a few pictures from one of the many hikes I had in the past year with my Mechina in the desert :D.

This trip is in the North of Israel, and took place over 3-4 days (During most of the days we had constant rain, especially during the night, and terrible heat. We spent the last night erecting plastic sheets inside a gas station until I convinced the kiosk owner to let us sleep under his tables).

"Sorry" for the abundance (15) of pictures, but 10% is good enough in my book when it comes to filtration :razz: .

Well, at least one of us came out of the stream happy :D.

Some of the shorter people ended up trapped in the raging white water's of the flooded rivers.

Tree that led to where we slept for one night in a Kibbutz (Due to the nightly floods, and our lacking any gear for it).

[Above] Goats. If you look carefully, you can see the back of two special goats. One had a rock stuck in it's brain (And had it's brain dropping out), and the other had a huge black ooze, the size of my fist, hanging out instead of it's right eye.

[up, right]A little "saints" tomb (I have some wonderful close-up shots of people's faces from here).

Ah, the lizard. He loved that dead lizard, he did. He carried it everywhere with him, he stroked it, talked to it, watered it, and I suggested eating it.
Eventually after getting enough flowers, he buried it (and missed the ant colony next to the dirt patch he used) :P.

A nice view of a valley.

[Above] - Daybreak from a soldier's memorial (Where we slept for a night). Well, either that or the sky from when we started walking at 4am. I really can't remember to be honest :P.

Food became hard to come by as the days went on...

[right]
Daisies on a steep mountainside (That we climbed up over the course of a half day).

Obligatory babe in hot day pic ;).

Non obligatory, dude cooking without a shirt on pic :P.

And for extra points a short story that got me a nice entry in the Mechina's FQUQ:
When entering the tomb of a famous Rabbi (The "Rashbi") due to a pouring rainstorm, and to see the beautiful interior you are approached by a 14 year old in Fundy Jew (Haridi) dreadlocks, clothing, etc' who offers you a small, free prayer book that also protects against "car accidents and exploding terrorists" (3 for one deal).

Do you:
  • A)Take it, nod politely and scurry away?
  • B)Take it, and begin to try out the prayers inside it, to keep your car from exploding.
  • C) Have the following conversation:
    "No thanks"
    "But Why? It's free and protects against "Blah blah blah" "
    "Er, I'm actually an atheist"
    "Please, take it, it's free and protects against car accidents"
    "I prefer my seat belt for that"
    "What do you think will protect you in a car accident? God or a seat-belt?!"
    "A seat belt, thank you. bye bye"
As one of my fellow A-choosers "I'm surprised you weren't lynched" :lol: . (However, it was worth it, if only for the expression of absolute confusion on his face)
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
salm
Rabid Monkey

Post by salm »

Nice. Looks like southern Germany.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

Death, to answer your question...I would just take it and read to pass some time if I am bored. Since it is free anyway. I doubt I will really recite anything nor understand what is it about anyway. :lol:

Anyway, Irasel really looks like a lovely place. How long have u been there by the way?
The Grim Squeaker
Emperor's Hand

Post by The Grim Squeaker »

ray245 wrote:Death, to answer your question...I would just take it and read to pass some time if I am bored. Since it is free anyway. I doubt I will really recite anything nor understand what is it about anyway. :lol:

Anyway, Irasel really looks like a lovely place. How long have u been there by the way?
9 years, well, almost 10 now. (We moved around my 9th birthday, and I'm 19 next month. Damn, I'm old).
Photography
Genius is always allowed some leeway, once the hammer has been pried from its hands and the blood has been cleaned up.
To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.