Halo: Pillar of Autumn crew

AMP: sci-fi art, regular art, pictures, photos, comics, music, etc.

Moderator: Beowulf

Megabot
Youngling

Halo: Pillar of Autumn crew

Post by Megabot »

Drawn with pencil and colored in Photoshop, here is the crew of the ill-fated UNSC Pillar of Autumn, with many members taken from the Halo books. (And yes, I know I suck at drawing hands)

Update: I did a rush job on shading and highlighting to give it more depth.

From left to right: 1st Lieutenant Melissa McKay, Major Antonio Silva, Captain Carol "Foehammer" Rawley, Sergeant Avery Johnson, Master Chief Petty Officer John-117, Captain Jacob Keyes, Lieutenant Aki Hikowa, Ensign William Lovell, Lieutenant Dominque, and Lieutenant Hall.
Last edited by Megabot on 2007-09-25 07:29pm, edited 1 time in total.
ray245
Emperor's Hand

Post by ray245 »

You...have drawn master chief's FACE... :shock:
Marko Dash
Jedi Knight

Post by Marko Dash »

he has hair? i don't think he'd have more than a light fuzz, gets irritating wean your in the suit for so long.
If a black-hawk flies over a light show and is not harmed, does that make it immune to lasers?
Alan Bolte
Sith Devotee

Post by Alan Bolte »

Not sure about the proportions, legs seem a little long.
Any job worth doing with a laser is worth doing with many, many lasers. -Khrima
There's just no arguing with some people once they've made their minds up about something, and I accept that. That's why I kill them. -Othar
Covenant
Sith Marauder

Post by Covenant »

Alan Bolte wrote:Not sure about the proportions, legs seem a little long.
Well, they're a bit long, but what's more disturbing is that as you go from left to right, the crotches rise nearly along a line. Creepy! But not every piece of fan art needs to be a goddamn work of genius, so I think you did a pretty nice job on the detailwork and on things like the weapons. You did a good job of having them rotate properly (ie, they didn't get all that distorted) which is good.

And nobody likes drawing hands or feet.
Mr Bean
Lord of Irony

Post by Mr Bean »

You drew the Master Chief's face! Everyone knows if you remove his helmet you just find another Helmet.

"A cult is a religion with no political power." -Tom Wolfe
Pardon me for sounding like a dick, but I'm playing the tiniest violin in the world right now-Dalton
Gil Hamilton
Tipsy Space Birdie

Post by Gil Hamilton »

A depiction of Master Chief's face! That's an affont and an abomination! JIHAD! JIHAD!
"Show me an angel and I will paint you one." - Gustav Courbet

"Quetzalcoatl, plumed serpent of the Aztecs... you are a pussy." - Stephen Colbert

"Really, I'm jealous of how much smarter than me he is. I'm not an expert on anything and he's an expert on things he knows nothing about." - Me, concerning a bullshitter
Megabot
Youngling

Post by Megabot »

Covenant wrote:
Alan Bolte wrote:Not sure about the proportions, legs seem a little long.
Well, they're a bit long, but what's more disturbing is that as you go from left to right, the crotches rise nearly along a line. Creepy! But not every piece of fan art needs to be a goddamn work of genius, so I think you did a pretty nice job on the detailwork and on things like the weapons. You did a good job of having them rotate properly (ie, they didn't get all that distorted) which is good.

And nobody likes drawing hands or feet.
:D Thanks! I knew that I had gotten the proportions a bit wrong (never been too good at drawing people), but I hadn't noticed the crotches thing until you pointed it out.

And for those of you surprised at my tiny, badly-drawn rendition of the Chief's face, this will probably make your head explode.
Megabot
Youngling

Post by Megabot »

Mr Bean wrote:You drew the Master Chief's face! Everyone knows if you remove his helmet you just find another Helmet.
How right you are.